No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Interactive Controls in Map dont show up

• 5 Followers
  • 15 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

http://principalvmalhotra.sharepoint.com/Pages/GeoLocation.aspx

Interactive controls in Maps dont show up. It only works like a clickable image and takes us to the Bing site where we can interact and get Directions.  Instead we expect to see full controls and interactivity within the map on our website on office 365 itself. I am using IE 7.

Further we missed the 6 month trial during migration period. Also the 1 month trial seems to be running out of hands before we aquaint ourselves to deal with such errors.

Hence please help.

• Post Points: 35
Verified Answer
  • AbhayM,

that is not code for embedding the bing map.  that is a just a link and will not work inside a HTML module or a PayPal Module.

It looks like Bing doesn't offer embedding code anymore.

You may want to try 

http://maps.google.com/

Find your location.

Go to the Link icon and get the Iframe code

and put that into an HTML Module.

Sorry, BuildItOn365 website has expired. Links to and instructions - no longer exist.

• Top 75 Contributor
    • Male
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • Hi AbhayM,

To achieve your requirement, please try the steps as following:

1. Go to http://www.bing.com/maps/ and do a search for your address

2. Click on Share (top-right of map) and copy embed code clicking Copy

3. In SharePoint Online, edit the page you want to display the map

4. Insert PayPal gadget in the desired Zone, type

<form action=""><input type="image" style="display:none !important;">

5. After this text, paste the code you copied from Bing

6. At the end of all the text type

</form>

7. To change the size, simply edit the width="500" height="400" according to your needs

8. If you want to get rid of View Larger Map & Driving Direction links etc, you can use the Custom & Preview in the Bing Map Share dialog instead of basic Copy in step #3.

Best regards,

Nancy Xie

• Top 50 Contributor
    Suggested by
  • So if you're confirming the map gadget doesn't work, what is the purpose of having it there?

Instead of posting 3rd party workarounds, shouldn't MSFT employees be trying to get things that are broken fixed?.

webbrewers | Easy to use sites | Low/no cost hosting
    • Top 10 Contributor
  • Hi mchv2.0,

The Map & Directions Gadget can help to add a map with exactly address user input. However, it might not as flexible as Bing Map.

Thanks for your suggestion and you can give Feedback to Microsoft to help us improve the service.

Best regards,

Nancy Xie

• Top 50 Contributor
  • So it's another downgrade from OLSB where it had some interactivity? And sending people to another site is not really what users want.
    • Top 10 Contributor
  • Hi AbhayM,

Did you find above posts helpful?

I'll continue to monitor this thread in case you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Nancy Xie

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hi Nancy,

The resolution suggested does not work when I paste the form HTML code in the paypal gadget.

Additionally I tried to troubleshoot by enclosing the form tags within HTML tags. In that case it does identfy the HTML tag but does not acknowledge this being shared by paypal vendors.

I also tried both the above steps within the HTML gadget instead of the paypal gadget and it still does not work.

Then every time I tried to use Gadget it would show an error in status bar. The gadget drop down wont show up.

Incase Nancy has acess she may try steps with following code:

<form action=""><input type="image" style="display:none !important;">

www.bing.com/.../default.aspx

• Not Ranked
  • I used the paypal gadget again and pasted the form code. But you see it does not work.

principalvmalhotra.sharepoint.com/.../GeoLocation.aspx

• Not Ranked
  • AbhayM,

that is not code for embedding the bing map.  that is a just a link and will not work inside a HTML module or a PayPal Module.

It looks like Bing doesn't offer embedding code anymore.

You may want to try 

http://maps.google.com/

Find your location.

Go to the Link icon and get the Iframe code

and put that into an HTML Module.

Sorry, BuildItOn365 website has expired. Links to and instructions - no longer exist.

• Top 75 Contributor
    • Male
  • Bing still offers interactive maps but you have to add the correct code. Go to "share" at top right of Bing map page and copy the "embed" code then use the generator and it will work like this:

http://wb2-web.sharepoint.com/Pages/contact2.aspx 

• Top 10 Contributor
  • Sorry but they don't offer that EMBEDDED code any longer.

Just a link.

• Top 75 Contributor
    • Male
  • They do (in the US at least) - I just got it today from http://www.bing.com/maps/:

• Top 10 Contributor
  • Thankyou WebBuilder.

I have implemented Google Map in my website.

• Not Ranked
  • Thankyou mchv2.0.

I chnaged the county on Bing to US.

Then I was able to get the HTML code that I implemented to my website.

• Not Ranked
  • Dear Nancy,

Thankyou for trying to help me out but your suggestion did not work instead I followed advice of community members to use Bing US Maps / Google Maps. Please feedback to microsoft that in the present offering of the in-built Map Gadget of Office 365, works just like a clickable image. Interactive controls in map gadget don't work. Kindly upgrade the functionality to complete with that of Google Maps or Bing Maps.  All the best

• Not Ranked
  • Hi AbhayM,

I’m glad to hear that you have achieved your requirement according to WebBuilder and mchv2.0’s suggestions. I appreciate the efforts of WebBuilder and mchv2.0, your discussion here is valuable for others in this forum who prefer to achieve the similar requirement.

Thanks for your suggestions about the Map Gadget of Office 365. I will forward your suggestion to related team to improve our service.

Meanwhile, you can also submit suggestions giving Feedback to Microsoft via below link:

support.microsoft.com/.../survey.aspx

Thanks,

Nancy Xie

• Top 50 Contributor
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1|2|