No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Website Page Views shows zero (0)

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

This website was transferred from a trial to a subscription in the past week.  The usage shows 0 page views in the last two days.

How can this be fixed?  We are a nonprofit charity tracking several campaigns.  The usage data is very important.

(I am a novice so I need lots of details to fix this.)

(I'm aware of Google Analytics, but I want the MO365 web analytics working correctly.)

http://www.txcpsh.org/

Thank you.

All Replies
  • I believe I am the only administrator.  For the 4th day (8/13)  There is no usage data showing at www.txcpsh.org.

Please help.

What is the next step?

Thank you,

Robin

• Hi Robin,

Thanks for pointing out this here. Actually all the SharePoint Online tasks will be put in a job queue, and will be run by a job timer. Consider that the job timer needs to work for multiple tenants of users. As a result, the usage data might be delayed by the job timer, and they should be shown in a few days.

The following two article are about configuring Web Analytic service application with SharePoint:

Configure Web Analytic service application (SharePoint Server 2010)
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg266382.aspx

Configure usage and health data collection (SharePoint Server 2010)
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee663480.aspx

However, these configuration are not available for end users in Sharepoint Online. If the issue persists in your side, please feel free to post back.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• For the 5th day 8/13 there is no usage data showing at www.txcpsh.org.

Please help.  Where can I get novice-friendly directions on now to set up a P1 account?  This wasn't provided to me when the account transferred from a trial to a P1 account.

Please help.

Thank you,

Robin

• I don't understand most of this.

Should a P1 have Web analytics available?

I thought the job timer was daily at 2:00am (or so)?  What time is the timer set for my account?

I am an administrator.  Should I be able to see the analytics?

The issues are persisting.

Thank you,

Robin

• Thank you Reken.

I am unable to find the Central Administration on the Home Page to Configure usage and health data collection.

The issues are persisting.

There is alot of brain power at Microsoft.  Please fix this issue.

Thank you,

Robin

• Hi Robin,

Unfortunately, as I said in my previous reply, configuring usage and health data is available for on-premises SharePoint Online, but not available for SharePoint Online. Based on the situation, I suggest you send us feedback about this issue by following this link:

http://g.microsoftonline.com/0BX11EN/135

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• TxCPSH,

... Please fix this issue

They are not going to fix that issue.  Soon there will be a NEW Office 365:  Microsoft announces new Office 365 and The New Office 365.  

Let's hope traffic reporting works on that version.

• 2 things - first you've gotten good advice from Ken which you should follow. The other comments about Central Admin and timers may be confusing you - there's nothing to be fixed and what you're seeing is what you're going to get. I'd get Google Analytics code and use this generator to add it to your pages.

Second, even with the rich data Google Analytics provides, you need a lot more page views for it to be actionable. Page views includes all editing views and other variables so isn't really useful until you get to a much higher page view count. All in all, I wouldn't worry too much about reporting at this stage.   

• Mchv2.0

Please explain why Analytics was working on the trial version by not working on the purchased version.

Thank you,

Robin

• Come-on Robin,

This is a dead issue.  Move on or move out.

They are not going to fix this. Add Performance Reporting to Office 365

• Robin,

Did reporting work from day one on the trial account?  Did you convert your account from trial to paid? If so, nothing on your web pages has changed, and the little tracking snippet is still there same as before so what do you think could have gone wrong?  

• mchv2.0,

I don't know if there are any setting that need to be set on the paid version.  I'm not sure what date the system actually changed over from trial to paid.  

I am not an expert. I am not a certified partner. I am an end user and I liked the trial.  It was prefect.

I have confirmed with Microsoft there is a problem.

The tracking show 0 for the 7th day.  

As a certified partner, wouldn't you track down this problem?

Regards,

Robin

• Robin,

If I tried to track down every problem with O365, I'd get nothing else done. I'm more concerned with fundamental flaws that have a real impact on users and can't be worked around, like buttons not working in the site editor etc. Reporting isn't one of those flaws because if you want real reports, you can easily get Google Analytics. The 365 reports are a waste of time even when they work.

• mch2.0

Fair enough.  I can't imagine being in a technical support role, selling a product, and not being able to solve problems like this.  I believe Microsoft will fix it.  Time will tell.

Regards,

Robin

• Hi Robin,

Thanks for the positive attitude and confidence about Office 365. Your efforts and valuable feedback are always appreciated, and which will greatly help us to improve our products and service. Thanks again, and hope the issue can be fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

1|2|3