No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Website Page Views shows zero (0)

• 8 Followers
  • 38 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Answered (Not Verified) This question has suggested answer(s)

This website was transferred from a trial to a subscription in the past week.  The usage shows 0 page views in the last two days.

How can this be fixed?  We are a nonprofit charity tracking several campaigns.  The usage data is very important.

(I am a novice so I need lots of details to fix this.)

(I'm aware of Google Analytics, but I want the MO365 web analytics working correctly.)

http://www.txcpsh.org/

Thank you.

• Post Points: 35
All Replies
  • Hi TxCPSH,

Thanks for your post. I feel sorry for bringing you so much inconvenience.

I’ve checked the Service Health in Microsoft Online Portal and found there are no any service interruptions. Could you please to provide the screenshots about the issue you are experiencing? It would be of great assistance. Thanks for your understanding.

Meanwhile, in SharePoint Online, the service in background may need time to crawl and take effect.

If the issue still exists, please feel free to update this thread. I will continue to monitor this thread for a few days for further assistance.

Thanks,

Kevin Cui

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
    Suggested by
  • Kevin,

Thank you,

Robin

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Robin,

Thanks for your update.

I have not heard of any other users reporting this issue. Please try to browse to your public-facing website today. Tomorrow check the reports to see if the data is updated and the hits show up.

I will continue to research the issue. If it is the service error of SharePoint Online, I will notice you as soon as possible. Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks,

Kevin Cui

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Kevin,

Thank you for your update.  Is this issue part of SharePoint Online or is there another area that should be aware?

Regards,

Robin

• Not Ranked
  • Hi TxCPSH,

As Kevin said, the service in background may need time to crawl and take effect. It won’t affect other services.

To check the issue, I would suggest you to check with another SharePoint Online administrator to see if the other administrators can see the correct usage data.

Best regards,

Nancy Xie

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Kevin,

9/11 usage shows zero (0).  This is a problem that needs to be fixed right away.  Our event is tomorrow and we need see usage.

What are you doing to solve this?

Thank you,

Robin

• Not Ranked
  • Nancy,

Thank you for your response.

How do I find another Sharepoint Online Administrator?

Regards,

Robin

• Not Ranked
  • I have looked at other Sharepoint Communities online. The areas to check my O365 account because it's a new account are staggering.  I expected to transition from trial to P1 seamlessly. My charity is relying on 0365 for your support to make this happen.

Please help.

Thank you.

Robin

• Not Ranked
  • TxCPSH,

If "The usage data is very important"

Maybe it is time to add Google Analytics to your website.  Far more powerful then any O365 reports (that seem to be unreliable and inaccurate) .  There are thousand of ways to look at your website traffic:  http://www.youtube.com/channel/HCX3YLlOvkrK0 

For installation instructions See: Add Performance Reporting to Office 365

Sorry, BuildItOn365 website has expired. Links to and instructions - no longer exist.

• Top 75 Contributor
    • Male
  • Ken,

Thank you for your response.  I believe there is something wrong about the P1 set up and the 0365 team needs to check it out.  I'm paying for a one user license and this should be a very simple fix for them.

Regards,

Robin

• Not Ranked
  • Robin,

They are not going to fix traffic reporting problem for it comes and goes on a few websites (including mine).

Soon we will be moving/upgraded to the Microsoft announces new Office 365 and The New Office 365.

Sorry, BuildItOn365 website has expired. Links to and instructions - no longer exist.

• Top 75 Contributor
    • Male
  • Ken,

Analytics hasn't even started on the non-trial version.  I'd like them to turn it on - just like the trial, that I evaluated to determine I would purchase a copy.  Let's not give the support staff any reason not to work on this.  I have a nonprofit charity that needs support, now.

Regard,

Robin

• Not Ranked
  • Kevin and Nancy,

What have you learned regarding the analytics on www.txcpsh.org?  If you'd like me to take this offline, please send me an email at txcpsh@yahoo.com

Thank you,

Robin

• Not Ranked
  • Does the path name for analytics need to have .sharepoint. in it?  I have no paths that have sharepoint.

My users have txcpsh.onmicrosoft.com.  Do they need to change?  to what?

Thank you,

Robin

• Not Ranked
  • Hi TxCPSH,

The URL using your own domain should have no influence on the usage data.

Have you ever tried to check the data as another administrator? You can check or give admin rights in: Site Actions -> Site Settings -> Site collection administrators. If you can’t see the option, click Go to top level site settings.

Best regards,

Nancy Xie

• Top 50 Contributor
  • I believe I am the only administrator.  For the 4th day (8/13)  There is no usage data showing at www.txcpsh.org.

Please help.

What is the next step?

Thank you,

Robin

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Robin,

Thanks for pointing out this here. Actually all the SharePoint Online tasks will be put in a job queue, and will be run by a job timer. Consider that the job timer needs to work for multiple tenants of users. As a result, the usage data might be delayed by the job timer, and they should be shown in a few days.

The following two article are about configuring Web Analytic service application with SharePoint:

Configure Web Analytic service application (SharePoint Server 2010)
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg266382.aspx

Configure usage and health data collection (SharePoint Server 2010)
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee663480.aspx

However, these configuration are not available for end users in Sharepoint Online. If the issue persists in your side, please feel free to post back.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Top 25 Contributor
    • Male
  • For the 5th day 8/13 there is no usage data showing at www.txcpsh.org.

Please help.  Where can I get novice-friendly directions on now to set up a P1 account?  This wasn't provided to me when the account transferred from a trial to a P1 account.

Please help.

Thank you,

Robin

• Not Ranked
  • I don't understand most of this.

Should a P1 have Web analytics available?

I thought the job timer was daily at 2:00am (or so)?  What time is the timer set for my account?

I am an administrator.  Should I be able to see the analytics?

The issues are persisting.

Thank you,

Robin

• Not Ranked
  • Thank you Reken.

I am unable to find the Central Administration on the Home Page to Configure usage and health data collection.

The issues are persisting.

There is alot of brain power at Microsoft.  Please fix this issue.

Thank you,

Robin

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Robin,

Unfortunately, as I said in my previous reply, configuring usage and health data is available for on-premises SharePoint Online, but not available for SharePoint Online. Based on the situation, I suggest you send us feedback about this issue by following this link:

http://g.microsoftonline.com/0BX11EN/135

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Top 25 Contributor
    • Male
  • TxCPSH,

... Please fix this issue

They are not going to fix that issue.  Soon there will be a NEW Office 365:  Microsoft announces new Office 365 and The New Office 365.  

Let's hope traffic reporting works on that version.

• Top 75 Contributor
    • Male
  • 2 things - first you've gotten good advice from Ken which you should follow. The other comments about Central Admin and timers may be confusing you - there's nothing to be fixed and what you're seeing is what you're going to get. I'd get Google Analytics code and use this generator to add it to your pages.

Second, even with the rich data Google Analytics provides, you need a lot more page views for it to be actionable. Page views includes all editing views and other variables so isn't really useful until you get to a much higher page view count. All in all, I wouldn't worry too much about reporting at this stage.   

webbrewers | Easy to use sites | Low/no cost hosting
    • Top 10 Contributor
  • Mchv2.0

Please explain why Analytics was working on the trial version by not working on the purchased version.

Thank you,

Robin

• Not Ranked
  • Come-on Robin,

This is a dead issue.  Move on or move out.

They are not going to fix this. Add Performance Reporting to Office 365

• Top 75 Contributor
    • Male
  • Robin,

Did reporting work from day one on the trial account?  Did you convert your account from trial to paid? If so, nothing on your web pages has changed, and the little tracking snippet is still there same as before so what do you think could have gone wrong?  

• Top 10 Contributor
  • mchv2.0,

I don't know if there are any setting that need to be set on the paid version.  I'm not sure what date the system actually changed over from trial to paid.  

I am not an expert. I am not a certified partner. I am an end user and I liked the trial.  It was prefect.

I have confirmed with Microsoft there is a problem.

The tracking show 0 for the 7th day.  

As a certified partner, wouldn't you track down this problem?

Regards,

Robin

• Not Ranked
  • Robin,

If I tried to track down every problem with O365, I'd get nothing else done. I'm more concerned with fundamental flaws that have a real impact on users and can't be worked around, like buttons not working in the site editor etc. Reporting isn't one of those flaws because if you want real reports, you can easily get Google Analytics. The 365 reports are a waste of time even when they work.

• Top 10 Contributor
  • mch2.0

Fair enough.  I can't imagine being in a technical support role, selling a product, and not being able to solve problems like this.  I believe Microsoft will fix it.  Time will tell.

Regards,

Robin

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Robin,

Thanks for the positive attitude and confidence about Office 365. Your efforts and valuable feedback are always appreciated, and which will greatly help us to improve our products and service. Thanks again, and hope the issue can be fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Top 25 Contributor
    • Male
  • Update:  There is a problem with the set up of my admin account; don't know yet if it's related to the analytics. Microsoft has received a service request.

Regards,

Robin

• Not Ranked
  • well that is nice Robin.

Why are you telling us that here?

You submitted a service request. Good.

What do you want us to do?

• Top 75 Contributor
    • Male
  • Ken,

I am sharing the path to a solution for the Analytics issue that I am having.  Maybe it will help Partners and others solve problems for your customers.  This community is about problems and solutions.

Specifically, I'd like you and others to offer your creative ideas on how to make Analytics operational WITHIN O365.  (Ex: Are there any SIGS that address the analytics? Is there a Microsoft Engineer working with the SIG that might be working on solving this issue? )

This issue may take a while to solve so this thread will be open for as long as it takes (or direction from the Mods).  I understand if you have other tasks you need to address and don't have time to read and comment on this thread.

Regards,

Robin

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Robin,

I notice that you have submitted a service request. Please send us the service request ID via private message, so that we can check the service request status for you. To send a private massage, refer to the following steps:

• Go to the Your details section on the right side of the community site.
    • Click Private messages.
    • Click the subject title of the response to read the message.
    • You can reply by using the form in this display.
    • Click Submit Reply.

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

• Top 25 Contributor
  • Hi Robin,

Are you still experiencing this issue?

• Top 500 Contributor
  • Hi

We are also experiencing the same thing with analytics showing "0" every day which is patently not the case.  Is this just a taste of things to come with 365 - the analytics were basic to say the least and now they are going to disappear altogether once we all start paying for a service?

• Not Ranked
  • Lexicon,

Take a look at this: community.office365.com/.../244756.aspx

• Top 75 Contributor
    • Male
  • I just want to let you all know that Microsoft fixed the problem and I am seeing the Analytics for usage.  Thank you, Microsoft.  I am delighted.

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 3 (39 items) 1|2|3|