No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

sitemapping with google????

• 3 Followers
  • 4 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Not Answered This question is not answered

this whole transfer from OLSB to 365 has been a headache from the start, being a novice with the technicalities.......after moving my domain name...i've verified the site with google but still cant find it on a google search.....have put in meta tags and have tried to set up a sitemap but microsoft doesn't support sitemapping so i understand...... i have customers unable to search for my website and my services and i cant afford (literally) to wait 4-6 weeks for google to crawl and recognize the website.

wondering if anyone has found an effective way of getting their site recognised by google within the course of a couple of days and not weeks....

• Post Points: 20
All Replies
  • Google will get to your site when they get to it. There's no way to expedite indexing.

Why do you think MSFT doesn't support sitemaps? It's actually much easier than it was in OLSB. Just upload the sitemap.xml using "open with explorer" or Sharepoint Designer and it will be recognized by Google.

That won't speed up anything but may help Ggl find all your content.

If you had a site indexed before you can redirect from old search results to your new pages by following the 2nd article here.

webbrewers | Easy to use sites | Low/no cost hosting
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hello jastrees,

This is Justin with Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.  Thanks for posting your question.

Was the information in the previous post helpful to your question?  I'm afraid mch is correct about the speed of indexing.  There is no way to control the timeframe on how different search engines index and crawl sites.  Please let us know your progress.

Thanks,

Justin Ronan
    Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Top 100 Contributor
  • hi thanks for response.

i have tried to find open in explorer in my sharepoint online library but cannot

find it there.

have also downloaded sharepoint designer but end up having create errors

when i try and view any content in my website through sharepoint designer.

as a novice i'm finding this quite frustrating!!!!!

pls help !

• Not Ranked
  • Creating the initial connection to a SP site can be frustrating and I don't know why it doesn't work better. The library tools are hidden in a P1 public site library, so you can try opening a team site library. If it opens navigate up to the public site (with the folder/green arrow icon). 

webbrewers | Easy to use sites | Low/no cost hosting
    • Top 10 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)