No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Scan to Office 365 folder directly from HP Scanjet 5000

This question is answered This question is answered

I buyed a new hp scanjet 5000 wich have the HP Advanced Scan Software Document (developed by Nuance).

Profiles includes the ability to set Sharepoint 2007 / 2010 for scan destination setting the following parameters:

Host, Username, Password, Documents Site, Remote Folder (see image)

I tried to test connection setting my TeamSite address:

file://www.mydomain.com/DavWWWRoot/TeamSite/Documents

but don't work.

In user guide it's mentioned that I need the "Sharepoint 2003/2007/2010 client" to use this feature.

What is this ?? WHere I can find it ?

Is there no way to send file directly to an office 365 collection using a path folder or url ?

Thank you for support

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Hi,

If you map a drive to where you want the file to go, then just tell the scanner to store there, it will not know the difference.

• Hi Angy,

This is Jonis from Microsoft Online SharePoint Support.

As stated by Robert Edward, to best way to save a scanned image directly to a site in SharePoint Online for Office 365, would be to use a mapped drive.  This allows you to map a drive letter, on your desktop, to the SharePoint Online site where you would like the scanned image to be saved. 

If following link details How to configure and to troubleshoot mapped network drives that connect to SharePoint Online sites in Office 365 for enterprises

If that does not answer your question please let me know as I will continue to monitor this thread for any additional posts or questions.

• Thank you jonis and Robert for yours replies.

tomorrow i will try yours suggests and let you know.

Regards