No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Issues with sharing Sharepoint Team Site with external users

• 2 Followers
  • 3 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Not Answered This question is not answered

Hi guys,

I'm testing Office 365 Small Business and I'm having problems with sharing the Team Site with external user. When I try to login, using the link in the invitation email sent by Office 365, I get the error message below. I looked in the forum I believe the solution was sent privately. What am I doing wrong? 

Cheers,

FL

• Post Points: 20
All Replies
  • Hi,

This is Tim with Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.

Is the email address, that you have shared your site with, associated with a Windows Live ID? Have you tried to share your site with a Hotmail account, share your site with that email address and see if you are able to access the site?

I will continue to monitor this thread and wait for your reply.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hey Tim, how's it going? Look, I tried to different hotmai address and, at first, neither worked, them one of them started to work, go figure! So le me explain what I'm doing. I have a personal hotmail address, and used it as subject for the test. I granted access to this email address and recieved the invitation email as it was supposed to happened. However when I click on "Accept the Invitation" it takes me to the "Welcome to SharePoint Online" page. I then click on the "Windows Live Hotmait" image to login with my hotmail email address and its password, but I always get the error messagen that I attached to my post and it says I'm not a member of the site, but I know I am. Do you know why this is happening?

• Not Ranked
  • Hi,

I am sorry for my delay in replying. I am not able to find a concrete reason as to why this issue is happening. I would suggest that you create a service request to have your issue looked into further. I have sent you the information that you will need to create the service request via a private message.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Top 50 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)