No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Issues with sharing Sharepoint Team Site with external users

This question is not answered This question is not answered

Hi guys,

I'm testing Office 365 Small Business and I'm having problems with sharing the Team Site with external user. When I try to login, using the link in the invitation email sent by Office 365, I get the error message below. I looked in the forum I believe the solution was sent privately. What am I doing wrong? 

Cheers,

FL

All Replies
  • Hi,

This is Tim with Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.

Is the email address, that you have shared your site with, associated with a Windows Live ID? Have you tried to share your site with a Hotmail account, share your site with that email address and see if you are able to access the site?

I will continue to monitor this thread and wait for your reply.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Hey Tim, how's it going? Look, I tried to different hotmai address and, at first, neither worked, them one of them started to work, go figure! So le me explain what I'm doing. I have a personal hotmail address, and used it as subject for the test. I granted access to this email address and recieved the invitation email as it was supposed to happened. However when I click on "Accept the Invitation" it takes me to the "Welcome to SharePoint Online" page. I then click on the "Windows Live Hotmait" image to login with my hotmail email address and its password, but I always get the error messagen that I attached to my post and it says I'm not a member of the site, but I know I am. Do you know why this is happening?

• Hi,

I am sorry for my delay in replying. I am not able to find a concrete reason as to why this issue is happening. I would suggest that you create a service request to have your issue looked into further. I have sent you the information that you will need to create the service request via a private message.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support