No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Sharepoint Online cookies

• 3 Followers
  • 4 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Not Answered This question is not answered
I have a very simple public facing Sharepoint website. Can anyone tell me what cookies Sharepoint will put on my users computers ... I would like to comply with the EU directive.
  • Post Points: 20
All Replies
  • Yes I would lke to know this too please

Tina

www.PrettyPinkToes.co.uk

• Not Ranked
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hi Martin Tallett,

This is Jonis from Microsoft SharePoint Online Support.

In response to UK legislation, Microsoft released an optional privacy and security contractual supplement. This optional contractual supplement is for Office 365 and CRM Online Data Processing Agreement (with EU Standard Contractual Clauses).

EU Model Clauses support for all EU customers:
    Office 365 is the first and only major cloud-based productivity service to contractually commit to the EU Model Clauses, a set of stringent data protection requirements for the European Union. We are also including additional requirements from individual EU member states in the Office 365 data processing agreement.
    Additional Information: Visit the Microsoft Online Services portal to get this agreement added to your Office 365 contract. 

The following link is to the optional privacy and security contractual supplements.  

To answer any questions the following link is to The Office 365 Trust Center.  

If I can provide any additional assistance, please let me know as I will continue to monitor this thread for a few days and will reply to any additional posts or questions.

Jonis Estrem

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Top 75 Contributor
  • Hi Jonis,

Thanks very much for your prompt reply I will take up the EU Model Clauses.

What I am looking for is a cookies statement that is a bit like this one from the UK Government

www.direct.gov.uk/.../DG_WP201870

or this one from Barclays, who are a bank in the UK

group.barclays.com/cookies_policy.html

They both have a list of cookie names to start with and to comply with UK and EU Data Protection legislation we need ...

- a list of cookies that are used when one of our customers uses our Sharepoint public website

- what information is collected in each cookie

- why it is collected

- where it is stored ie in what country, especially if this is outside the UK or even the EU

Please could you provide this for us for Sharepoint Online?

Martin

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Martin Tallett,

This is Jonis from Microsoft SharePoint Online Support.

With SharePoint Online, I am limited to the resources that I have already provided.

To request additional legal resources from Microsoft SharePoint Online, I recommend that you submit your “we need …” information using the feedback link at the bottom right hand corner of this thread.

If I can provide any additional assistance, please let me know, as I will continue to monitor this thread for a few days and will reply to any additional posts or questions.

Jonis Estrem

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Top 75 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)