No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Documents are timing out when opened from the cloud

This question is not answered This question is not answered

With my business we have documents open all day that are edited and updated throughout the day.

However we are having problems with the documents timing out. If they are left open for a while and then I come back to edit them later on, it won't let me save the document. This is extremley inconvienient because I then have to save the document onto the computer and reload it onto the cloud so that I don't loose the updated document.

I really need to know how to stop this from happening!

Thanks

All Replies
  • Did you run the Office 365 desktop apps installer portal.microsoftonline.com/.../default.aspx Step 3 not sure if that will help but it might.

Thanks

Matthew Hughes

• Yes, I have done this

Thank you though Matt

• Its probably a question of the SAML token timíng out (by design). Maybe try to log in and out of the portal, log into SharePoint Online and see if the documents can be saved then.

• Hello Eytan,

This is Jason Burnside from Microsoft Office365 SharePoint Support.

Thanks for coming to the communities with your concerns about SharePoint and your documents timing out before you are able to save.

Did you find Jesper’s information helpful? Thanks for the post Jesper.

SharePoint Online times out by design as Jesper mentioned. It times-out for security reasons. If SharePoint Online is left alone without any action for too long you will run into this issue.

I will continue to monitor this thread if you have any additional questions.

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• So there is no way to overide this feature and stop sharepoint from timing out?

It's extremley inconvienient and if it can't be stopped it is infact a major flaw!

Regards,

• Hello Eytan,

It is by design so unfortunately, there is not a way to change it at this time.

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hello Eytan,                        

Did you have any further questions?