No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Website not showing up in searches

• After transferring my website from the old Microsoft it seems my website does not come up in searches (ie. yahoo, google...) like it used to. Any idea why this might be? I have the same pages set up like the last website.
  • Hello Kellygirl1980,

This is Jason Burnside from Microsoft Office365 SharePoint Support.

Thanks for coming to the communities with your concerns about your website not showing up in the search engines.

Your website is considered a new website by the Search Engines due to the new website address so it will take some time for it to be found and crawled by the Search Engines.

You may check out the following community forum which some customers have found helpful however it is unsupported by Microsoft:

http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/154/p/46981/162762.aspx#162762

I will continue to monitor this thread if you have any additional questions.

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hello Kellygirl1980,

Did you have any further questions?

I will continue to monitor this thread for further posts or questions.

• I have much the same problem.  I also cannot pull up my website by typing in HeartlandTrainingTeam.com like I used to be able to do.  It leads me to the old site.  Will this change when Google finds me?

• It's worse than just not being able to pull up the site - the 404 page not found errors your old site urls will generate might get your domain penalized by search engines. That will delay the recovery of your rankings even more.  The best solution is to redirect your old urls to your new pages by following the 2nd article here..
  • Hello Idmorse,

Did you find Mchv2.0’s information helpful? Thanks for the post Mchv2.0.

• Hello Idmorse,

I have looked up your domain HeartlandTrainingTeam.com. Your domain is still pointing to the Office Live name servers. Your website address is http://heartlandtrainingteam.sharepoint.com at this time. If you would like to use your vanity domain, please complete the following instructions:

1. Add your vanity domain to the domain section of your Microsoft Online Portal
    2. Complete the process of having your vanity domain verified
    3. Once the vanity domain is verified, go to your domain registrar
    4. At the registrar, change the name servers to ns1.bdm.microsoftonline.com and       ns2.bdm.microsoftonline.com  (This process may take up to 72 hours)
    5. After the name servers are changed, go back to the domain section of your Microsoft Online Portal
    6. Click on the "change address" option, choose the vanity domain (This process may take up to 24 hours to propagate for you to be able to access your website and for your links in the portal to update to the vanity domain URLs)

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.