No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Problem with Images on the website.

This question is not answered This question is not answered

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • I recently created a website and uploaded some pictures on two different pages.The total number of pictures is 35. When the sites is opened on a system for the first time the first message comes on the screen and it says,"Image is Missing".

At times waiting does resolve the problem but not always. All the pictures are in JPG format.

Need HELP Urgently

• Hi,

This is Tim with Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.

Unfortunately, without you posting your domain, I will not be able to diagnose the issue that you are seeing. The main reason why an image will not display is either it is not uploaded and just pointed to another location on the internet that is no longer valid. Or, the image is uploaded, but it is uploaded to the incorrect area. I will need to look at your website to find out what is exactly happening.

I will continue to monitor this thread and wait for your reply.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 364 SharePoint Support

• My domain is http://pihanionline.com

• Hi,

I am seeing 1 image showing with a red x. Looking at the properties of the image, it is located in the correct area. This leads me to believe that the image his either been deleted or renamed. You will need to re-insert the image and everything will be fine.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Hi,

Please look at this address www.pihanionline.com/.../GovernmentBuildingsandEducationalInstituions.aspx

I have actually deleted the picture of the main page as I was thinking that the  size of pictures is too large. It was actually upto 2 mb.

You will see that the first picture comes as image is missing and later on it shows the picture.

Thanks

• Hi,

I see the slide show and all the pictures load for me. I have used multiple browsers with no issues. As you can see from the screen shot below, the first picture in the slide show loads and I do not get any errors. 

Thanks,

Tim Muth

• I am uploading two pictures, one was when I first opened the page, 
    One was when page opened, other was when slide show was played.
    You will notice that the page shows image is missing when you open the page and as I click on the pause/play button the picture is displayed

• Hi,

I see that you are using Chrome. Have you tried any other browsers to see if you are able to replicate the issue?

Thanks,

Tim muth

• It is worst on IE. In chrome I have problem with some images (these images are not same always) but in IE nothing opens. If you open any of the slide show the message appears as "IMAGE IS MISSING".

• Can I get some answer please... Any idea why it happens.

Initially all images willl come with message,"IMAGE IS MISSING".

After 5 minutes or so they will start opening.

Please check this address www.pihanionline.com/.../ImportantPlacesofPihani.aspx

• FaizanMustafa,

I don't think there is an answer - you can see the javascript line in the source code but users don't have access to the slideshow control to change it:

var SlideShowControl_Msg_Missing_Image='Image is missing';
    I guess it depends how quickly the images load which is why it's worse in IE which likes to preload everything. MSFT would have to rework the code but the same question was asked for 6 years in OLSB and was never addressed. 

If it's an issue, you can always use a 3rd party slideshow. You can get an embeddable one from places like picasa or grab some code from sites like dynamicdrive.com.  

• I have the script from DYNAMICDRIVE.COM... HOW DO I add this to the site. How should I get this to work??

• Replace the default image urls with your own.

Enter the code in this generator and then paste in a Paypal module.

• This damn thing does not work wb3.sharepoint.com/.../default.aspx

Error

Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131904

Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.

Correlation ID: a11a3986-b420-4116-ab09-b227c5a234a7

Date and Time: 7/23/2012 1:29:17 AM

Go back to site

• It's worked fine for thousands of people...I can see all the entries and there are no recent slideshow codes so you're doing something wrong.