No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

No SharePoint Access - browsers return 404 error when linking from 365 Portal

This question is not answered This question is not answered

I used to have access to SharePoint just fine - I could either browse directly to the team site or link to it via the 365 Portal while logged in.

Now, I've got zero access and any link related to SharePoint that I use from within 365 Portal leads to a 404 error and a statement that the website cannot be found.

I've read other posts in this forum regarding manually entering mydomain.sharepoint.com/_layouts/settings.aspx  (using my domain name; and I don't know why the editor keeps changing my entry related to that address but you get the point that it is what is discussed at http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/154/p/47528/164817.aspx#164817), but that only leads to other browser errors like:

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage 
This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:
Internet connectivity has been lost.
The website is temporarily unavailable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
There might be a typing error in the address.
If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section."

Any help would be appreciated.

Dawson

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Hello Atticus,

This is Jason Burnside from Microsoft Office365 SharePoint Support.

Thanks for coming to the communities with your concerns about receiving a 404 error when trying to access your team site and website.

Having you recently switched to a vanity domain such as www.<domain>.com?

Are you able to access the Site Settings by going to the link you mentioned or do you receive the error immediately when trying to enter the URL you mentioned?

If you are using a vanity domain, the URL to reach the Site Settings would be http://www.<domain>.com/_layouts/settings.aspx.

I will continue to monitor this thread if you have any additional questions.

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hello Atticus,

Did you have any further questions?

I will continue to monitor this thread for further posts or questions.