Sign up for Office 365
Learn more about Office 365
Using share site I have created a user and given them a permission.
I have created a web part in visual studio and loaded it to Solutions.
When I attempt to look at the web part in site pages it shows ok.
When I sign on to the created user and look at the same site page I get the generic sandbox error message.
What I need to know is whether there is someway around this or because it is a share site user microsoft's security does not let them look at created visual studio web parts no matter what permission you give them?
This is Jonis from Microsoft SharePoint Online Support.
Because the visual studio web part is running as a sand box solution, you external user with not have permissions. A Sandboxed solution is deployed at the site collection level and cannot access data outside the site collection in which it was deployed. In addition, a sandboxed solution cannot invoke certain security-related functionality, such as running with elevated privileges. Only a site collection administrator can upload and activate a sandboxed solution.
If that does not answer your question please let me know as I will continue to monitor this thread for a few days and will reply to any additional posts or questions.
Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support
1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.
This is Cody with Microsoft SharePoint Online Support. Thank you for your post about an external user not being able to view a Visual Studio web part.
I am still researching whether this issue is by-design. I would like to gather some more information about this issue:
• What is the exact error message that the external user receives when trying to view the web part?
• When you shared the site with the external user, which group did you add them to?
• Please verify that the external user has permissions to the Site Page that the web part resides on. Try granting the external user individual permissions to the page.
• Can the external user navigate to the site page, or do you have to type in the URL directly? Does the web part exist on the same site that the external user was invited to?
• Can other regular users beside you access the web part?
Please reply to this thread with this information. Thank you in advance!
Microsoft SharePoint Online Support
The error message is Web Part Error: Sandboxed code execution request failed.
The user has full control though I would not normally give them this.
The user has no trouble accessing normal list and library webparts only the custom webpart I created in visual studio 2010.
I am working at home and am the only user. I have no trouble accessing the webpart located on a site page. The user has individual permissions to the site page.
Let me know if you need more information