No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Getting the following error when I try to log on to the Web's Home Page

• 2 Followers
  • 4 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Not Answered This question is not answered

The "runat" attribute does not support the device filters.

Trouble shoot issues with Micrososft SharePoint Foundation.

Corrolation ID ecaf6dee-06a8-40e6-8cc6-6968c247107.

Any help on what to do would be appriciated

• Post Points: 20
All Replies
  • Hello CxPM,

This is Jason Burnside from Microsoft Office365 SharePoint Support.

Thanks for coming to the communities with your concerns about receiving an error message when trying to access the website’s home page.

What were you doing right before the error started to occur?

Did you add custom code to the website?

Are you able to get to your website?

Are you trying to go into edit mode for the website when the error appears?

I will continue to monitor this thread for further posts or any additional questions.

Thanks,

Jason Burnside

Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • I am using this trial to see if we can use 365 for a project status Web site for our staff and custommers to exchange Project information I was editing the web pages to tailor them to our company's "look". I must have done something wrong on the home page because I get the refrenced error.

I can get to the web pages  via the adminitrators page. some open but the home page does not.

After I sent out the call for help I tried to delete the Home page and overwrite it with a new page but it did not go away. now I have two home pages. The original with the issue, and another one in the web site. However when I try to enter the public web i get the error message so it would seem that  the original is still the main home page.

I did not get that far in setting up the site. So I'm thinking maybe it would be best if  I start all over. Is there a way to do so?

• Not Ranked
  • Hello CxPM,

If you want to completely start over, you may go to the Site Settings of your top-level website. To get there you may type in “_layouts/settings.aspx” after .com in your website address in the address bar. Under the Site Collection Administration label, you may click Reset Website.

Warning - Once you click the Reset Website option, it completely resets your website back to the defaults including libraries however it will not affect your Team Site.

I will continue to monitor this thread for further posts or questions.

Thanks,

Jason Burnside

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hello CxPM,

Did you have any further questions?

I will continue to monitor this thread for further posts or questions.

Thanks,

Jason Burnside

• Top 50 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)