No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Another case of the The Managed Metadata Service not being started in SharePoint

This question is not answered This question is not answered

Within in the URL (xxxxx) being our account

https://xxxxxxx-admin.sharepoint.com/_layouts/termstoremanager.aspx

I get the error message

The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The
Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started.
Please Contact your Administrator.

Searching Google and this forum I am not the first to get this.

It sounds to be an intermittent problem (on other posts) but I have had this error all week

A colleague is also getting this problem a few hundred miles away ( ie not on the same IT infrastructure as me)

Is this unavailable in the beta, is the service down is there a fix, will it rain today ????

Can the 0365 platform Admin’s ( not our admin, which I am ) switch it on for us !

Please can someone advise ?

How can we demo SharePoint functionality to customers without some key functionality.

thanks for any help in advance...

All Replies
  • Hi,

Is the error still occurring? Could you tell me your location?

• We are experiencing this same issue right now.  Our location is the US.

• Hi Bill,

Thanks for your reply.

Based on the current situation, I would suggest you post a new thread about the detailed information of the issue you encountered and the steps you have done to resolve it, this is so we could focus on your questions and provide more specific solutions for you.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.