No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

The transistion has completely ruined my google ranking, my business is now ruined

This question is not answered This question is not answered

It has took me five years to build my google ranking up, most of my keywords were top of the organic ranking.  Now I am left with broken links where people have blogged about my products.  I am not even on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd pages on some keywords.  I have gone from receiving 20-30 orders a day to nothing.  People cannot find me.  You have completely ruined my business.  Not only did it take me nearly 3 weeks to redo over 100 pages and upload 1500 images with no help or aid. You have completely spoilt everything I have worked for.

How are you going to help me.  Surely you have some obligations to help me?

Who, where can I contact to speak to, surely you cannot ruin business like this? 

Tina Greenaway

www.PrettyPinkToes

All Replies
  • Matthew,

Take a look at / click this --> A workaround for the Page addresses  

And need help, let's talk.

• The workaround method works, but do we get penalised by the search engines for using this? and how long do we have to keep these redirections in place as it doesn't give a professional image with these redirections happening.  

Will we ever get our old ranking back? or will our competitors now hold the edge on us.  Microsoft you have so much to answer for ruining our bbusinesses when we choose you in the first place this is how we now get treated. Dreadful!

• Totty,

I think the search engines are ok with redirects - they happen all the time. Either way it's better than 404 errors which get penalized. This transition would've caused mass 404's which was why I felt a solution was needed.The problem obviously didn't occur to MSFT until months later.

• Repeating myself:

What might be cool is to make a graphically pleasing 301 available w/ "This Web Site is now Hosted by the new and exciting MSFT Office 365." "You will redirected in 3 seconds. If you are not redirected please click here".....for starters.

Possible?

How about a generic 301 that sends all that click on OLD OLSB pages that are not same names to the Default Page. No?

• Fantastic Idea and surely MSFT have the ability to do this for us?

I am slowly watching my business decline and it is heart breaking as this my livelihood my passion, I have put everything into my business only to have it ruined by the people I put trust in.  My visitors are a fifth of what they were and yes of course so are my orders!  I think something has to be done NOW before any more damage is done and I lose everything/

MSFT please look into this idea of a generic 301 that sends clicks on old OSLB pages to the default page.  As like D Max I renamed some pages not even realising that there would be no redirection. done automatically for us.

Thank you

Tina

www.PrettyPinkToes.,co.uk

• I wanted to mention that there is a blog post on our Office 365 Technical Blog that shows your how to maintain web page URLs from your Office Live website - community.office365.com/.../maintain-web-page-urls-from-your-office-live-website.aspx

Thanks,
    Josh.

• Is there a way to get compensated from MSFT for all these extra steps and hoops we've been required to step and jump through?

Surely MSFT did not foresee the time lost, the Rankings debacle, the required redirecting of Pages, and the downright complexity of this transition for their OLSB Customers.

Had they known I would think they would have tested the process.

And warned us of the repercussions of changing page names when rebuilding the Web Sites etc. etc..

Nevertheless, I would appreciate some more consideration than the 6 months Free Trial.

It could get complicated with the amount of Users included, but perhaps One full year free for all Office Live for Small Business Owners including one User could be considered?

Or Two years free for a single Owner Administrator only.

I would like to hear from other OLSB Refugees on this matter.

Please weigh in. Or someone please start a New Thread.

• We have been totally taken advantage of, yes us the customers, we have put our livelihoods and businesses in the trust of MSFT.  Only to find that not only were we left in the dark with no guidelines on how to recreate our new sites (unbelievably from scratch or pay a third party to do it for us) but crucial processes that would of aided the transition were kept from us?.  I am sure if the majority of OSLB users knew know what a mess we have been left in with businesses ruined and rankings diminished we perhaps would of though again.   Professionally handled? I don’t think so.

I have had now to pay for advertising just to keep my name forefront and not lose my place in the ranking system.  Yes my old pages are still upfront with a redirection but this is not a professional look when my customers get redirected.  Some new pages are slowly getting there but some keywords I am still pages back on.  Can MSFT not see what detrimental damage they have done then still expect us to pay for the privilege of using their new system?

Compensation,, surely this is the least you can do for all the damage and frustration and loss of business you have caused.  One full year waivered at least? And an explanation would be nice

Tina

www.PrettyPinkToes.co.uk

• Did anyone of you read the Service Agreement that you accepted when you signed up with OfficeLive?

Here is some of it.

15. Changes to the Service; If We Cancel the Service.

We may change the service or delete features at any time and for any reason. We may cancel or suspend your service at any time. Our cancellation or suspension may be without cause and/or without notice. Upon service cancellation, your right to use the service stops right away. Once the service is cancelled or suspended, any data you have stored on the service may not be retrieved later...

and

LIABILITY LIMITATION. You can recover from the Microsoft parties only direct damages up to an amount equal to your service fee for one month. You cannot recover any other damages, including consequential, lost profits, special, indirect, incidental or punitive damages...

That is the cost of Free Service.

• Somehow I don't believe a CTA agreement is pertinent here.

A satisfied loyal customer used to be important.

Are we just insignificant numbers now?

Referrals in my business is how the business runs.

Without them we would not survive.

A service with good service is what the World needs now as always.

Free or not, like yours is Ken. :)

• Tina

Exactly the same has happened to me. It is an outrage. My business was booming and now nearly bankrupt.

What a joke.

• TWIMC,

No new Clients since the Transition. We Transitioned early April.

Averaged 30 Inquires and 5 Clients / month from our Site Dmax Design Group from the Fall of 2011 till OLSB demise.

Only referrals have kept us just above water since.

• D Max

I feel your pain.

• Hi thejewster

Thanks for joining the thread,  I'm the same as D Max my traffic as halved, I had to resort to google advertising to recoup business, old url's are still showing and not my new ones, it is a complete diaster.  I really wished I had taken my business else where!  I just thought (stupidly) I could trust Microsoft, obviously not

Tina

• It is now 12:56 here in UK and by now pre transition I would of had around 150 visits 450 page views.

And now I have had 30 visits and 90 page views.

Company breaker i'm afraid.

Same as you though D Max just staying afloat with referals and repeat business.

«|4|5|6|7|8|»