No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

The transistion has completely ruined my google ranking, my business is now ruined

• 15 Followers
  • 176 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Not Answered This question is not answered

It has took me five years to build my google ranking up, most of my keywords were top of the organic ranking.  Now I am left with broken links where people have blogged about my products.  I am not even on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd pages on some keywords.  I have gone from receiving 20-30 orders a day to nothing.  People cannot find me.  You have completely ruined my business.  Not only did it take me nearly 3 weeks to redo over 100 pages and upload 1500 images with no help or aid. You have completely spoilt everything I have worked for.

How are you going to help me.  Surely you have some obligations to help me?

Who, where can I contact to speak to, surely you cannot ruin business like this? 

Tina Greenaway

www.PrettyPinkToes

Tina Greenaway

PrettyPinkToes Boutique

• Post Points: 95
All Replies
  • Good luck with the tooth!

Tina Greenaway

PrettyPinkToes Boutique

• Not Ranked
    • Post Points: 0
  • I see no moderators or support have bothered to answer my question! That about says it all!  Thanks Microsoft for completely destroying my livelhood and business

PS You could always help me out by clicking around my site to help my google ranking!!

www.PrettyPinkToes

Tina Greenaway

PrettyPinkToes Boutique

• Not Ranked
  • It's a shame you weren't reading this forum earlier because I've been warning here about the issues you're having for 18 months. I developed the page redirect trick Ken mentioned and you don't have to worry about accessing the root of your site. It's easy to undo anything if you have a problem. There's a detailed discussion and some user experiences about it here which should help you through it. Even MSFT copied it and posted an article on the OLSB community so I guess they agree it's a pretty safe technique.
    webbrewers | Easy to use sites | Low/no cost hosting
    • Top 10 Contributor
  • Thank you, I did take a look at the redirect trick but got spooked incase I did anything wrong, I will have a look again, thank you.  and yes I wish I had looked on here earlier.  I stupidly assumed Microsoft would automatically do the change for us and things would be no different after the changeover

Tina Greenaway

PrettyPinkToes Boutique

• Not Ranked
  • Perfectly understandable - they did hint they would do the changeover early on. And it's pretty obvious if Valor Conseil could figure out how to do it - they could have too if they wanted to. You'll find a few other folks in that discussion I linked to who had similar misgivings but managed to get it to work. There are some other tips and tricks on that site too. Good luck.
    • Top 10 Contributor
  • Hey Nice Site Tina! I couldn't tell from your accent where you were from.

A LOT of work see, wow! Good Looking too.

Don't blame you a bit for being upset.

Your Turn, please check out:  www.dmaxdesigngroup.com/.../default.aspx

I had my hands full too, but not all the Cart and Checkout stuff. Geees!

Many of my Portfolio Job Pages I just dropped.

Thanks for your concern on the tooth.. should be easy - it's loose finally.

It was broken 45 years ago. It's hung in there this long.

Thanks,

Dmax Design Group

• Top 500 Contributor
  • I should have added that there is some Very Cool stuff on your Site.

Those Arm Bands and BareFoot Jewellery and I could go on and on....

A gal could spend hours on your Site just wishing for stuff!

I did notice a picture missing under Bikini Bands and another someplace else too.

But I haven't found it twice so maybe not.

I sure wish you luck with all this.

Thanks,

Dmax Design Group

• Top 500 Contributor
  • Hello all,

I apologize for your frustration with the transition; however Office Live and Office 365 are separate products and as such may not be completely identical. 

The announcement for the end of Office Live was announced in October 2010, and many attempts were made to make this known.  More details can be found in the OLSB FAQ page

Since then, many user solutions have been developed to help with issues such as this with site rankings.  Mch, WebBuilder, and many others have worked hard to create pages to help users mimic and redirect pages to stay consistent with the Office Live pages.  I will also include a thread from a third user, drw_365, which has tutorials and help articles listed in the thread to direct traffic and keep site links alive.

http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/154/p/22359/160608.aspx#160608

If you are still experiencing issues with the new product in getting the public facing website portion of your account up, let us know and we will do our best to assist in this manner.

Thanks and Kind Regards,

Justin Ronan
    Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Top 100 Contributor
  • Hi D Max, thanks for the compliments and the missing image pic!,  Just checked your site out, very professional looking, lots of input and information.

Hope it works out for you  too

Tina

Tina Greenaway

PrettyPinkToes Boutique

• Not Ranked
  • Ken, I am not sure what has happened but I managed to do this for one page and it works, so moved onto the next page but it won't let me paste the next file, it comes up with the secuitry message and error ox800700E0 Access denied.  I've added my site to the trusted sites but it still won't work I keep getting the same error message.  I tried another page too and it does the same? Can you please help?  Thank you Tina

Tina Greenaway

PrettyPinkToes Boutique

• Not Ranked
  • How are you doing it - through "open with explorer"? Try dragging and dropping the files. And they must be named like: pagename.aspx. 
    • Top 10 Contributor
  • AND I have yet to get permission...

Just downloaded Sharepoint Designer to try drw365's method....

Will try to install after Dentist.

If in the mean time anyone has a tip..

I too gave the Security Permission to my own site. (that's kinda weird in the 1st place) but still w/ no avail.

One thing that's odd is when I input my 365 ID (for your Explorer method)  I don't get in.

If I use my old msn email ID I do, but only far enough to be denied again & again.

Haven't tried today though......

Thanks,

Dmax Design Group

• Top 500 Contributor
  • Well, today my 365 ID is required...geees.

Anyway it says "Your client does not support opening this list with Windows Explorer" (I think)

Dunno what that means.

Thanks,

Dmax Design Group

• Top 500 Contributor
  • HI D Max

I followed these instructions and its worked for me on some pages, stupidly I didn't name all my pages with the same name so I can't do it for them!.  www.builditon365.com/.../default.aspx

Gutted today found I am on page 19 on google ranking for my top keyword. 'shoe clips' I had been at the top for 5 five years.  No orders again today.  

This is killing my business

Tina

www.PrettyPinkToes.co.uk

Tina Greenaway

PrettyPinkToes Boutique

• Not Ranked
  • Tina !

Mine also...I was selling my Designs for Horse Barns w/ Living Quarters at a good clip.

For some reason more than my houses (I must of found a niche) - the 1st Page on Google too.

Since my Transition, 1(one) visit to my Equestrian Page...in week it used to be 100's. 6000 this year.

I did keep most of my names the same...luckily Equestrian Facilities is the same!

But I can't get Explorer to work.

Maybe today I'll get it to work. Something has got to happen.

If we had gone to another Host I would assume we'd have the same problem.

But perhaps they would have had a re-direct System worked out for their Customers.

Hint Hint. Justin at MSFT.

Couldn't have been that difficult - no matter what we called the pages - they could have re-directed to the Home Page for God Sakes..

I really don't have time for this - I've got a Design for a High-End Contemporary home that has to have my attention.

Speaking of that - I'd love to Design an English Country Manor...you ready? :)

Thanks,

Dmax Design Group

• Top 500 Contributor
Page 2 of 12 (177 items) |1|2|3|4|5||»