No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

The transistion has completely ruined my google ranking, my business is now ruined

• 15 Followers
  • 176 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Not Answered This question is not answered

It has took me five years to build my google ranking up, most of my keywords were top of the organic ranking.  Now I am left with broken links where people have blogged about my products.  I am not even on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd pages on some keywords.  I have gone from receiving 20-30 orders a day to nothing.  People cannot find me.  You have completely ruined my business.  Not only did it take me nearly 3 weeks to redo over 100 pages and upload 1500 images with no help or aid. You have completely spoilt everything I have worked for.

How are you going to help me.  Surely you have some obligations to help me?

Who, where can I contact to speak to, surely you cannot ruin business like this? 

Tina Greenaway

www.PrettyPinkToes

Tina Greenaway

PrettyPinkToes Boutique

• Post Points: 95
All Replies
  • If only I had the money!,

Well, I;ve emailed Bill Gates!  and I suggest everyone else does to, he needs to know what he;s done to the small businesses <Removed by Moderator. Please do not include email addresses in these forums>

Whether he'll actually read it  or not is another thing, put at least thats one thing off my chest!

Tina Greenaway

PrettyPinkToes Boutique

• Not Ranked
    • Post Points: 0
  • I think he's still on the Board, but I have noticed a few things going down hill since he stepped down.

He does need to know about such things I think too.

Honestly I don't think he would have approved of how the OLSB folks have been tossed aside to their own devices.

Support has done as much as they can w/ what they had to work with it seems.

At least we have a Site that's up and running....once they have helped the last straggular, maybe they can work on what we all need now.

I liked your Free Advertising Idea.

Thanks,

Dmax Design Group

• Top 500 Contributor
  • Although I would be satisfied w/ an Auto-redirect!

Thanks,

Dmax Design Group

• Top 500 Contributor
  • Tina,

I've spent a couple of hours after saying goodbye to that incisor re-directing.

Never did get Explorer to work - I'm guessing because of a 64 bit Browser? - I used Sharepoint Designer w/ Success!

My Thanks to mchv2.0 for the process!

Have you seen any improvement in hits/orders today?

I hope your Site is being found and orders are coming through.

If I wasn't too late, I should be hearing from some horse folks again soon.

Kentucky Derby this weekend too.

D

Thanks,

Dmax Design Group

• Top 500 Contributor
  • Hi D

It's coming back!! I'm back top with one of my keywords and a few of the others are moving rapidly too!  So maybe it will come alright again??? Saying that I have spent some money with google adwords so whether that helped or the emails and facebook comments asking people to visit my site have helped I'm not sure?

I hope the same is happening for you?

T

www.PrettyPinktoes.co.uk

Tina Greenaway

PrettyPinkToes Boutique

• Not Ranked
  • PS Still not reply from Bill Gates yet!

Tina Greenaway

PrettyPinkToes Boutique

• Not Ranked
  • He probably checked out your site!

Google Adwords I hear helps a lot. I haven't done that yet.

I still am in the middle of redirecting when I have some time, but yes I do see some improvement.

When I search for a tiltle, my Pages are still pointing to the old site, so I immmediately redirect that page(when I can).

I got cute and re-named some pages.

Glad all is going better for you.

I'm going to Contact you through your Site and ask some Questions about your wares later for my daughter.

Hopefully a few folks have followed this tread - when they discover the problem they'll know mchv and Web Builder can save the day!

And drm too.

Thanks,

Dmax Design Group

• Top 500 Contributor
  • Agghhhhh I take it all back!, it's the old pages that have come back to the top but they are the ones I redirected!  sadly my top key word is still on page 19!!!!!!  I daftly changed the name of pages too so, I've only redirected some pages.!  Yes please contact me through my site

Tina

Tina Greenaway

PrettyPinkToes Boutique

• Not Ranked
  • This is a really interesting read

www.pcadvisor.co.uk/.../office-live-small-business-is-closed-but-customers-still-grapple-with-migration

• Not Ranked
  • I was a bit premature about "saving the Day"....my Grand Total of visitors to the Site yesterday was 12 unique Visitors!

I'm sure most of those were Family.

It's like I dropped off the face of the Earth.

I can only hope in a couple of weeks things get back to normal.

And a watched pot never boils - but Gosh Darn it, the loss of potential clients is devastating for now.

(please replace Gosh Darnit w/ your favorite cuss words for MSFT)

In my business you need to have the next jobs lined up. I'm coming to end of the line and my ROPE.

I wish I could say "I'm going to the Beach and forget all this for couple weeks" but that takes money, and that will stop coming in soon.

Tina, I hope you are doing better than 12 Visitors!

I would have never expected this. D

I guess we do need a miracle.

Thanks,

Dmax Design Group

• Top 500 Contributor
  • I know this is really frustrating.  I've started a mail shot to my database to try and get my customers to come back and have a look!  My visitors were 257 which is 'Pants' if I do say so myself!  Orders are trickling through and my top keyword has made it to page 5 from page 19 yesterday!

I didn'nt get a personal reply from Bill, but an email from Microsoft London who have suggested I speak to one of their dedicated partners in the migration, who infact is the company who helped me do the transisition in the first place.  It's alright talking to them, but thats not going to bring back my ranking is it!  I've resulted in using adwords at my cost, but I;m not going to let this beat me!

A miracle would be nice!

Tina Greenaway

PrettyPinkToes Boutique

• Not Ranked
  • Tina,

Maybe I stepped over the Line, I can't edit my Web Site!

Can you?

Maybe they are doing Maintenance...would you check your side of the Pond for me?

Thanks, D

It's Sunday 6am EDT

Thanks,

Dmax Design Group

• Top 500 Contributor
  • Tina,

Never mind it all came back - You'll see I wasn't the only one.

I had 24 Visitors yesterday. Wow my visitors are Doubling ea, Day :) LIS

Google Analytics is so Cool. Right down to the Countries and Cities around the World.

I could use some in my Country now.

D

BTW, you should go to one of those FREE sites Ken suggests for Address Bar Icons. w/ that PPT Logo of yours!

Should turn out Great. Here is the Links: http://favicon.htmlkit.com/favicon/

And the How to into 365: http://www.builditon365.com/Pages/AddFavIconO365.aspx

Worked out Great for me.

Still a bit of work...but after this whole experience with the move etc. what's a little more of our time?

Thanks,

Dmax Design Group

• Top 500 Contributor
  • I did look at that favicon icon and yes will probably do, yours looks good!  glad to hear your 'visits' are improving

T

Tina Greenaway

PrettyPinkToes Boutique

• Not Ranked
  • It's easy to create and upload and it's just pasting the code in each page Metatags.

Your logo as is should work out well.

I was being sarcastic about the visits...but if they do double each day it won't take too long to get back to normal.

...Another week. We spent hours on your site the other night - I'm sending your Site link around too.

Do you have a $ conversion table at Checkout?

Thanks,

Dmax Design Group

• Top 500 Contributor
Page 3 of 12 (177 items) |1|2|3|4|5||»