No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Excel embedded into an office 365 site.

This question is not answered This question is not answered

I would like to be able to embed an Excel spread sheet into a sub site on office 365. I would like to store the excel file somewhere in sharepoint and I need the excel file to take data from a few other excel files. I.e. I will have a report summary file that I would like to display on a sub site and it will be extracting cell values from other excel files.

If someone can tell me how to do this or an alternative method it would be much appreciated.

All Replies
  • Hello Sam,

This is Justin with Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.  Thanks for posting your question.

If you are speaking of internal Team Sites, the said functionality can be accomplished with the Excel Web Access web part.  This is part of the Enterprise subscription to Office 365.  For more information, please check out the link below.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-server-help/introduction-to-excel-web-access-web-part-HA010377880.aspx

Thanks and Regards,

Justin Ronan
    Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Thank you Justin, this looks like what i am looking for.

I have created a web part team site and when i am trying to add the web part and click the 'add web part' the list of items does not include 'add excel web access'. Is this beacuse i am on the P1 plan rather than on the E1 plan?

• Sam,

Excel services is only included on the enterprise version of O365, depending what you want to to do exactly though, you may be able to do it using the SkyDrive.

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Could you tell me what Enterprise versions have the excel services that i am asking for. (Does E1 have it or do i need E3 or above?)

Yes i have seen some info on SkyDrive:

Can someone confirm to me that you can use Skydrive to store an excel file and then embed it into an office 365 internal site (on a P1 plan)? Also do you get a Windows Live ID when you take out an office 365 account? I have tried logging in to Windows Live and it does not work so i am guessing i haven't got an ID.

• Sam,

I have done it on my P1 site, both in the teamsite and on the public facing site. As for who can do what on an EPlan, that gets complex, I think you need to an E3 to be 100% sure that you can access all features, it also includes the Office Pro Plus download for you desktop.

You can can create a Windows Live ID using the O365 ID, I have done that too, one less ID to remember.

• Hello,

Just to add on the features availability, the Excel Web Access Web Part is available on any subscription to Enterprise. For a more detailed breakdown of features, check out the link below.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/all-plans.aspx#fbid=PdwM8irn450

Thanks,

Justin Ronan
    Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support