No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

What after Domain Verification with yahoo small businesss

This question is answered This question is answered

hi

i have successfully verified my domain name but was not asked to change name servers.i feeded txt records in yahoo small business.also changed my share point address to domain.com from domain.onmicrosoft.com.

kindly let me know if i have change my name servers domain registrars as i was not asked on office 365 website.after verification with txt records i was able to verify mu domain with o365 with default yahoo name servers,pls help..

eugene

Verified Answer
  • Hi Eugene,

I understand that you have verified your domain in Office 365, and changed the website address. It turns out that you are using Office 365 for Small Businesses. Given this situation, please continue to perform the following steps:

Option 1: Redirect the Name Server records to Office 365.
    ===================================
    In this situation, we need to change the Name Server records to ns1.bdm.microsoftonline.com and ns2.bdm.microsoftonline.com. After that, Office 365 manages and hosts all DNS records for your domain. DNS records such as CNAME record and A record for Microsoft Office 365 services will be automatically created.

Please note: When you change your domain’s NS records to point to Office 365, all of the services that are currently associated with your domain—for example email, websites, blogs, and shopping carts—are affected.

Option 2: Add your domain to Office 365 without redirecting your name server records to Office 365.
    =====================================
    In this situation, Office 365 doesn’t host the DNS records. You will need to create the required DNS records for Office 365 services at your domain registrar. For example, if you would like to use the custom domain for SharePoint Online, you will need to create an A record and a CNAME record for WWW at your domain registrar. The DNS records information can be found in DNS Manager by performing the steps below:

a. Log in Office 365, click Admin.
    b. Click Domains on the left side.
    c. Select your custom domain, click Mange DNS. The DNS information such as A record and CNAME record for WWW will be shown in DNS Manager.

For more information, you can refer to the article: http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-smallbusinesses/hh416759.aspx.

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Hi Eugene,

I understand that you have verified your domain in Office 365, and changed the website address. It turns out that you are using Office 365 for Small Businesses. Given this situation, please continue to perform the following steps:

Option 1: Redirect the Name Server records to Office 365.
    ===================================
    In this situation, we need to change the Name Server records to ns1.bdm.microsoftonline.com and ns2.bdm.microsoftonline.com. After that, Office 365 manages and hosts all DNS records for your domain. DNS records such as CNAME record and A record for Microsoft Office 365 services will be automatically created.

Please note: When you change your domain’s NS records to point to Office 365, all of the services that are currently associated with your domain—for example email, websites, blogs, and shopping carts—are affected.

Option 2: Add your domain to Office 365 without redirecting your name server records to Office 365.
    =====================================
    In this situation, Office 365 doesn’t host the DNS records. You will need to create the required DNS records for Office 365 services at your domain registrar. For example, if you would like to use the custom domain for SharePoint Online, you will need to create an A record and a CNAME record for WWW at your domain registrar. The DNS records information can be found in DNS Manager by performing the steps below:

a. Log in Office 365, click Admin.
    b. Click Domains on the left side.
    c. Select your custom domain, click Mange DNS. The DNS information such as A record and CNAME record for WWW will be shown in DNS Manager.

For more information, you can refer to the article: http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-smallbusinesses/hh416759.aspx.

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

• Hi Mindy,

Thanx for reply.I would like to Redirect the Name Server records to Office 365 later on.As suggested by you to Add your domain to Office 365 without redirecting your name server records to Office 365 i need to enter DNS information such as A record and CNAME record for WWW will be shown in DNS Manager.My domain registrar is yahoo and it does not accept host name as @

this is how it looks like-

Add an A or CNAME Record

Enter a hostname in the "Source" field. To create an A Record, enter an IP address in the "Destination" field. To create a CNAME, enter a hostname as a destination instead.

Note: Any changes you submit will take 30 minutes to take effect.

Source:
    .shati.com
    Hint: Enter "info" to create the hostname info.shati.com. To create an A Record for your root domain name, leave the Source field blank.

Destination:

Hint: For an A Record, enter an IP address, like 17.12.22.11. For a CNAME record, enter another hostname, like info.other-domain.com

Thier is a box under source then.shati.com
    Pl suggust

• Hi Mindy,

Thanx for reply.I would like to Redirect the Name Server records to Office 365 later on.As suggested by you to Add your domain to Office 365 without redirecting your name server records to Office 365 i need to enter DNS information such as A record and CNAME record for WWW will be shown in DNS Manager.My domain registrar is yahoo and it does not accept host name as @

this is how it looks like-

Add an A or CNAME Record

Enter a hostname in the "Source" field. To create an A Record, enter an IP address in the "Destination" field. To create a CNAME, enter a hostname as a destination instead.

Note: Any changes you submit will take 30 minutes to take effect.

Source:
    .shati.com
    Hint: Enter "info" to create the hostname info.shati.com. To create an A Record for your root domain name, leave the Source field blank.

Destination:

Hint: For an A Record, enter an IP address, like 17.12.22.11. For a CNAME record, enter another hostname, like info.other-domain.com

Thier is a box under source then.shati.com
    Pl suggust

• Hi EugeneF,

Thank you for your reply.

I understand that @ cannot be accepted as host name. Given this situation, you can try to leave the source field blank. If it doesn’t work, in the source field, type in your domain name and try it again.

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

• Hi EugeneF,

Do you have any other questions about this issue?

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan