No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Verify my domain

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi all, I am trying to verify my domain, at present its a crazydomains (dns package.com) The registrars website has the text box

Advanced DNS

Add or Edit Host Aliases (C NAME RECORDS)

Edit or create alias names for existing Internet host records using this form.

C Name (Alias) Is an Alias for
Eg. www.drivethrugraphix.co.uk Eg. web.me.com

TXT Record

To edit the text record for your domain (for SPF records etc.) edit the text area below.

Domain Text
drivethrugraphix.co.uk

(All changes will take up to 2 hours to resolve across the global networks.)

as you can see its not asking for the TTL as stated in the office 365 help. I have tried this in many different ways but nothing seems to work, Any help would be gratefully accepted, I have not had this sort of problem in the past.

Many Thanks

Matt

All Replies
  • Hi Matt,

When verifying a domain, there isn’t a place to type TTL as stated in the Office 365 Online Help. The domain should verify just fine whatever you put for TTL.  This field is mostly for convenience in getting the changes to propagate through the Internet.  What must be present in the record is the correct Host and Points To information. 

Meanwhile, if the domain still fails to verify, please let your domain registrar check the DNS records for you.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Hi Monica ,

Thank you for taking the time to answer, I have checked on whois and it said that Registration Status: Registration request being processed, Although on CrazyDomains information about my DNS it states Registered, Is this the problem?

Regards

Matt

• Hi Matt,

I have checked your domain record. It has pointed to Office 365. You can check Domain status in Admin page after logging on Microsoft Online Portal.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Hi Monica,

Thanks again for answering, Sorry if it seems I am not understanding but I have done what you said, I logged in to Admin and it is still asking me to verify my domain, The Domain name is Drivethrugraphix.co.uk, I have tried to verify this quite a few times using the information given on your verify information page, I need this up and running as quickly as possible.

I am at a total loss at what to do next, if as you say it is pointing at office 365 why is my admin page asking to verify again.

Thanks for your time, it is appreciated.

Kind Regards

Matt

• Hi Matt,

When checking the DNS records for your domain at this time, I noticed that it doesn’t point to Office 365.

You can refer the KB article to run the tool to check it.
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=2515404

In addition, I suggest confirming the DNS situation with your domain registrar.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Hi Matt,

I would like to follow up with the question you posted previously. How are things going?

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Hi Again,

After months of constant emails with my domain name provider I have been told that the txt is pointed correctly and when its checked with who.is it states that TXT MS=ms15254558 so they are now saying that the it is up to you to verify it as it has all been completed from there end. I just want my website and domain name linked finally.

Regards

Matt

• Hi Matt,

Thank you for providing the updated information.

I understand that when checking the domain record, you were informed that it’s correct now. At this time, please click “Click to verify domain” button to verify it now. If any error message appears, please post it in the forum for further research.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Hi Matt,

Is the issue resolved?

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Hi Monica,

Thanks for your ongoing help,

Domain name verified no problem, Changed the website address, It stated that it takes 24 hours for changes to take affect and not to edit website in that time, that was yesterday morning about 29 hours ago, my sharepoint site is no longer found and my new address still goes back to the CrazyDomains new website coming soon screen so at present I do not have any website, I was really pleased with the sharepoint website I designed and hoped that as stated my domain name would be working with it by now...... What has happened, it has verified and said my new web address is www.drivethrugraphix.co.uk but its not.

Kind Regards

Matt

• Hi Matt,

You are going to need to add DNS records for the website.  At present the website is being hosted by crazydomains.co.uk (crazy name).  Look at the bottom of the page below;

office.microsoft.com/.../set-up-a-public-website-HA102476205.aspx

By the way, what Plan are you on, looking at the changes you have made I am assuming you are on an E Plan.

• Hi,

Thanks for answering, I pay a monthly subscription of £4+ Vat I think its P1 plan, are you going to tell me now that I cannot run my domain name with this plan!

I cannot find the online administration centre so that i can make the changes that are needed, as you can see from previous posts I have been trying to sort this for some time now,

I run this website/domain name through microsoft office a few years ago, with this domain name, all I want is for it to be back up and runing.

Kind Regards

Matt

• No I am not going to tell that, but......................

You are doing it the hard way!  Can you change the Name Server records at Crazy Hosts, if so that will automatically transfer everything, email, website, lync.  If you can then change the Name Servers to ns1.bdm.microsoftonline.com & ns2.bdm.microsoftonline.com then you are all most there.

What do you mean by "I cannot find the online administration centre", who is this for?

• Hi Richard,

The link you previously mentions states that you sign into your sharepoint online administration centre, It took literally months to get Crazy Domians to point my domain name to office 365, I only hold the domain name with crazy domains I do not have a website there, the only one I have is the Sharepoint website which is now inactive since I verified ownership on here, I was and still am under the impression  that when I purchased the P1 plan that I could transfer my domain name over to my sharepoint website, as you are aware customers prefer putting in a web address that is www.----------.co.uk the -------------@sharepoint.com. I really dont think that Crazy domains are in a position to help much more as it has taken months to get it to this point.

I just keep getting the same answers off them, which is we have correctly pointed the txt record, Really frustrated and slightly out of my depth now,

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Matt

• Matt,

I assume that you are in the UK, as you are using Crazy Hosts.  If you want, give me a shout via email or mobile, If you have installed Lyc I can show you the way, or talk you through it or even do it for you.  Feel free to give me a shout, generally I am available up to arounf 9:30pm (GMT)

richard@dcssouthwest.com

With the change of the name server all services are transfered tio Microsoft, web, email etc.  Then it is a simple task to set the share point site address as your domain.  You are so close, but is is just one final change need at crazy hosts.  Let me know what you wish to do.  I am more than happy to continue via the forum, but a chat on the phone can be easier.