No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Sharepoint online and Dynamics Online, does this feature work?

This question is answered This question is answered

I have a customer who want to tie sharepoint online and dynamics online. Has anyone used this feature for case/service management?

https://community.dynamics.com/product/crm/crmnontechnical/b/crmconnection/archive/2011/11/07/microsoft-dynamics-crm-integration-with-sharepoint-online-is-here.aspx 

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5283

Has anyone implemented this with ADRMS too?

Verified Answer
  • Hi Residentx10,

As a Microsoft customer and partner, you will need to contact the Microsoft Dynamics CRM team directly.  I do not have any information on the guide that was promised or the timeframe given. If you couple that with Dynamics CRM being outside my support boundaries, it would not be appropriate for me to “push other Microsoft people”.

I look forward to reviewing the guide and the benefit it will have for community forums members who read this post.

Please keep us posted on your progress as I will continue to monitor this thread and will reply to any additional posts or questions.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

All Replies
  • Hi Residentx10,

This is Jonis from Microsoft SharePoint Online Support.

To assist you with the integration of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online and SharePoint Online for Office 365, I would like to provide you with the following link to a blog post.  This blog is dedicated to CRM integration with Office 365 for Enterprises subscriptions.  In the blog you will find links to videos, customer testimonials and installation instructions for the CRM Online List Component for SharePoint Online.  To review the blog post click here.

If that does not answer your question please let me know as I will continue to monitor this thread for a few days and will reply to any additional posts or questions.

• Jonis Estrem,

Thank you for the reply. The link you posted is good but during the CRM Blitz in May 2012 Microsoft announced a guide similar to the E365 deployment guide. I'm looking for that. If I should find it before you I will post it here.

• Hi Residentx10,

While I am not familiar with the guide you described in your post, the following resources and links provide Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online guides and videos:

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online Resource Center

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online

Available downloads for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online

CRM Integration with Office 365, Benefits and Installation

If that does not answer your question please let me know as I will continue to monitor this thread for a few days and will reply to any additional posts or questions.

• Hi Jonis,

Let me get the document I have access to the site and will post it soon....after I get my dynamics login issue fixed, lol.

The documents are in a new group that's coming online now.

• Jonis,

Would you mind contacting these people from the CRM Blitz and asking them about the Integration Guide

<Content removed by moderator>

• Hi Residentx10,

Because I am unfamiliar with the guide in question, I am not sure if I received the correct guide.  Please review the guides provided and let me know if any of them are the CRM “deployment guide” you are looking for:

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 for Outlook Installing Guide for use with Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online   

Configuring Claims-based Authentication for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 List Component for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010

• Residentx10,  Dynamics CRM and SharePoint Online work just fine after you upload the listcomponent solution as described in the guide.

Also, RMS is a client side encryption that works with SharePoint Online just fine.  We use AD RMS for email and documents on SharePoint Online all the time.

Let us know if you run in to any hurdles...but YES IT DOES WORK :)

• Hi Residentx10,

As Agile IT – John stated, to integrate Dynamics CRM with SharePoint Online it is recommended that you deploy a CRM Online List Component.  Once you upload, install and activate the List Component in SharePoint Online, you can use the CRM Online Document Management Page to integrate CRM entities with the SharePoint Online List Component. 

The following links cover this topic in detail:

Configuring the List Component in SharePoint Online

Introduction to SharePoint Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM

Using the Plug-in Registration Tool for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011

• These don't answer any of my questions. Can you contact the people I mentioned above? If your not, then I'll do it. These were the people who promised the guide. Also, there's more to sharepoint than just lists, right? I only want the new guide. I have this other stuff. I'm a Microsoft partner and have access to the Dynamics stuff. I'm only posting here to get other Microsoft people to push other Microsoft people.
  • Hi Residentx10,

As a Microsoft customer and partner, you will need to contact the Microsoft Dynamics CRM team directly.  I do not have any information on the guide that was promised or the timeframe given. If you couple that with Dynamics CRM being outside my support boundaries, it would not be appropriate for me to “push other Microsoft people”.

I look forward to reviewing the guide and the benefit it will have for community forums members who read this post.

Please keep us posted on your progress as I will continue to monitor this thread and will reply to any additional posts or questions.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.