No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Paypal module is missing

This question is answered This question is answered

Hi this is Karibwa from Australia.

Can someone please advise as to why my paypal module is missing from other More Gadgets modules?

Thanks

Verified Answer
  • Hi Karl,

As far as I know it is only shown if the Regional Settings for the site are set to English (US). I assume yours is set to English (Australia).

To change it, go to yourdomain.com/_layouts/settings.aspx

Click on Regional settings, and change the locale. Afterwards, when you go back and edit a page, the Paypal Gadget should show up.

Once you're done, you could change the settings back to English (Australia) again if desired (not sure how important this is to you on the public website, think it doesn't make a lot of difference)

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Karibwa,

If you add a new page does it show up, or is it missing for any and all pages?

• Hi Kaviu,

This is Jonis from Microsoft SharePoint Online Support.

At times the More Gadgets drop down box will not open.  If that is the case, hit F5 to refresh the screen and then try the More Gadgets ribbon button again.  Generally that will resolve the issue of the drop down not opening.

In order to insert gadgets on a website page, you need to be the site collection administrator or have design permissions to edit the web page and add the gadget.  The following link details how-to Manage users in a public-facing website.

If that does not answer your question please let me know as I will continue to monitor this thread for a few days and will reply to any additional posts or questions.

• Definitely missing for all pages mate...

• Hi,,, everything that you suggested here doesn't even work at all..

Can somebody guide me or assist me as to why this is happening? It is so frustration........

• Karibwa,

Is the problem that the "More Gadgets" will not drop down as Jonis mentioned or is it that, that one gadget is missing from the list of gadgets?

• The paypal gadget is missing from the list of gadgets.....

• Hi Kaviu,

This is Jonis from Microsoft SharePoint Online Support.

This is starting to sound like a permissions issue.  Have you verified your permissions to the website?  Are you a Site Collection Administrator?  Do you have website design permissions?

I will continue to monitor this thread for a few days and will reply to any additional posts or questions.

• Jonis,

Why in the first place I place a question in this community? Of course I am the full administrator and have the full right for it.

Its just not make sense for the paypal to be missing from all gadgets.....if someone from microsoft can fix it.

Regards

Karl

• Hi Karl,

As far as I know it is only shown if the Regional Settings for the site are set to English (US). I assume yours is set to English (Australia).

To change it, go to yourdomain.com/_layouts/settings.aspx

Click on Regional settings, and change the locale. Afterwards, when you go back and edit a page, the Paypal Gadget should show up.

Once you're done, you could change the settings back to English (Australia) again if desired (not sure how important this is to you on the public website, think it doesn't make a lot of difference)

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Really a good workaround, Thanks Rene

But I wish they made the PayPal module available to all locales.

• Guys,  you got to be joking.

I have tried what you suggested here but still makes no different.

I change the language to English US and Location to US.....

Why this is happening? ....

• Sorry,

Thanks its working... Love this forum...

A BIG Thanks to all your support and answer...

Apreciated...

Karibwa

• Hi Rene,

I have tried what you suggested, which seems to be the key for Karibwa's site, but it does not work for me...

Any alternative solutions?

Sarah.

• Solution found:

What needs to be changed to "English US" is actually the USER SETTINGS, not the website settings...

Hope this helps other non-US challenged Office 365 users! 

• Sarah W,

There is a short wait period after you change the Website's  Regional settings, and change the locale.

By you looking around for something else to set, the wait period passed and you were able to add a PayPal Module

3 out of 3 people found this post helpful.