No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Adding additional users

This question is answered This question is answered

I'm unable to add an additional user to the OWNER group for my team site.  I receive an error message stating that there are multiple entries for the user.  

How can this be corrected?        

Verified Answer
  • Hi,

You will need to create a service request regarding this issue. I have sent you a private message with the information that you will need to create the service request.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

All Replies
  • I now get an error message that states there has been an unexpected error, I am still not able to add additional users to any of my sharepoint groups.  How do I correct this issue??

• Hi,

This is Tim with Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.

Would it be possible for you get post the exact error message that you are getting along with the steps that you are taking to replicate the issue.

I will continue to monitor this thread and wait for your reply.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

• The original error message stated that there were multiple entries, with no exact match and that resolution was necessary.  the most recent error message is pasted below.  I no longer get the multiple entry error message, but the message below appears when I attempt to complete the add user process.  

Error

The file exists. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070050)

Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.

Correlation ID: 16ce60c0-f3aa-4d81-a68c-ec82e70441d7

Date and Time: 4/13/2012 6:06:58 AM

• Hi,

You will need to create a service request regarding this issue. I have sent you a private message with the information that you will need to create the service request.

Thanks,

Tim Muth