No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Whats New Webpart

• 2 Followers
  • 6 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Not Answered This question is not answered

How do I configure whats new webpart?

Under target list I get two options. Select List and site pages.

Neither gives me the oprtunity to select a list or a page.

• Post Points: 20
All Replies
  • Hi TampaGC,

This is Bob with Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.  Thank you for coming to the communities with your question on how to configure the “What’s New” web part.

I have been working on this and found that you have to have Indexing enabled on the List/Library before it will show up in the drop down menu in the web part. 

To enable this you need to go to the List/Library and then to the settings page (i.e. Library settings) and under the Columns section there should be 3 options “Create column, Add from existing site columns and Indexed columns select the Indexed columns and then create new index, in the Primary column select [Modified] from the drop down selection then click create. 

Now the List/Library should be available in the web part.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with as I will be monitoring this thread over the next few days. 

Thank you,

Bob Kasper
    Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • Bob

I have created the Index, but no lists shows up yet in the Whats new web part.

Thanks.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Tampa,

When you created the Index did you use the [Modified] option?  I noticed that this didn’t work unless that option was used.  It may also take a bit before it may show up. 

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with as I will be monitoring this thread over the next few days and will reply accordingly.

Regards,

Bob Kasper
    • Top 100 Contributor
  • I did use the modifed but no luck.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Tampa,

Thank you for your reply.  since this is not working for you I would suggest that you create a service request using the link that I sent you via private message, as this may need to be escalated to our operations department for further investigation. 

Thank you,

Bob Kasper
    • Top 100 Contributor
  • Hi Tampa,

I’m just checking in to see hoe the Service request is going and to see if there is anything else that I can assist you with. 

Please let me know as I will be watching this thread for a few more days.

Thank you,

Bob Kasper
    • Top 100 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)