No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

mac 2011 version 14.1.4 "you dont have permission to connect"

• 14.1.4 should mean I have SP1 for MAC Office 2011 (Home and Business edition)

I removed the sharepoint location from Document Connection.

Now, when I add it back in it doesnt showup under sharepoint sites and it immediately pops up dialog that I dont have permission to connect.

• Hi,

This is Tim with Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.

Do you get a permissions error if you try to browse directly to your SharePoint site? If you do, then there is something with your username and password. If you do not an access denied error, then there is a setting with in the Document Connection that is not set up with the correct type of authentication.

I will continue to monitor this thread and wait for your reply.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• The problem has resolved itself. I dont think it had anything to do with me adding myself as owner to the sharepoint site. I say that because after I did that it still didnt work right. Actually, it was intermittent. I am now able to access without issue and the Document Connection views all the folders and does not provide any connection errors.

Thanks

Christian