No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Changing My Profile Picture

• 7 Followers
  • 7 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

I just can't do it.

No matter where I look, there is no option to change the Profile Picture. I'm fairly sure that I saw an option a few weeks ago, but I have been through everything.

Picture is not listed under My Profile as an option to change when you want to edit something.

Where or how can this be done? I'm tired of the dull, grey, faceless me!

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Post Points: 35
Verified Answer
  • You can turn on the ability for yourself (and all users) to edit their Profile Pictures in SharePoint from your SharePoint Online Administration Center.

1. From your BPOS admin portal, click Manage under SharePoint Online.

2. Click Manage User Profiles.

3. Click Manage User Profile Properties.

4. Find Picture in the Property Name column.

5. Click the arrow beside it, click Edit.

6. Click the "Allow users to edit values for this property" radio button.

7. Click OK at the bottom.

8. Wait a minute or two.

9. Go to https://<yourtenantsname>-my.sharepoint.com/Person.aspx and click Edit My Profile under your blank picture.

10. There should now be a control on this page that lets you uplaod a picture.

After you've uploaded a picture, there is a timed process which will bring your picture down to all of the different SharePoint Sites you're part of.

• Not Ranked
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • You can turn on the ability for yourself (and all users) to edit their Profile Pictures in SharePoint from your SharePoint Online Administration Center.

1. From your BPOS admin portal, click Manage under SharePoint Online.

2. Click Manage User Profiles.

3. Click Manage User Profile Properties.

4. Find Picture in the Property Name column.

5. Click the arrow beside it, click Edit.

6. Click the "Allow users to edit values for this property" radio button.

7. Click OK at the bottom.

8. Wait a minute or two.

9. Go to https://<yourtenantsname>-my.sharepoint.com/Person.aspx and click Edit My Profile under your blank picture.

10. There should now be a control on this page that lets you uplaod a picture.

After you've uploaded a picture, there is a timed process which will bring your picture down to all of the different SharePoint Sites you're part of.

• Not Ranked
  • Hello,

The information above can be completed in SharePoint only. As to seeing a profile pic in MOP, Lync, Exchange, browse to MOP sign in with your account, click on My Profile in the upper right corner and add the given profile picture and all needed steps to compete this process.

The only other way to make sure all applications use the same profile is to use Directory Synchronization which is included in Enterprise.

Thanks,

David Rummelhart MSFT Moderator
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Male
    Suggested by
  • I think you succeeded.  Actually, this was the URL for 2011-Mar-08 where it said that you updated your profile picture:  community.office365.com/.../default.aspx

And I can see the same image here too. No more grey faceless default!

~~~~ Lux et veritas ~~~~
    • Not Ranked
  • There is no textual "My picture' link, but in 'My Profile', you can change your pic by clicking on picture itself. Glad to see you have already done that.
    • Not Ranked
  • So I added a picture, and for some reason it was displaying fine in the My Site, but when you go into the main Sharepoint site, you simply get the 'broken link' image.

I wondered if there was some sort of size restriction or similar, so I resized the picture down to 96x96 pixels and uploaded. Again, it looks fine in the My Site section, but doesn't replicate into the rest of the Teamsite.

Other colleagues who have added profile pictures in the My Site section, also haven't had an image replicated. Do I need to force some sort of synchronisation process?

I think that My Site and the Team Site are separate site collections, but how do I get them to sync?

Keith

• Not Ranked
  • Further questions on updating the picture.  I am trying to do it from Exchange and it tells me that I can only upload a 100kb file.  Is this true?  that seems too small.Thanks

• Not Ranked
  • No answer Keith?

We are having the same problem. A year later! Guess it's not important enough to bother with. We are not worthy.

• Top 500 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)