No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Resizing photos for posting on website in Office 365

• 5 Followers
  • 7 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

On images that I've uploaded to my Image Gallery and later attempt to insert on a web page, I find the image is so huge and I can't seem to reduce the size using the corner tabs.  How does a person get the image down to an acceptable size?

Dustin104

• Post Points: 65
Verified Answer
  • You're better off resizing the image first in an image editor (even paint will do it). This will speed up your site loads a bit as browsers will download the full size image anyway and then resize which takes a little time. You may find the images are a little clearer and you won't be wasting storage space.

Some people open the image in Sharepoint Designer and resize it with the built in picture editor thingy..

http://webbrewers.com/   |     |  Get more out of Office 365

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Male
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • You're better off resizing the image first in an image editor (even paint will do it). This will speed up your site loads a bit as browsers will download the full size image anyway and then resize which takes a little time. You may find the images are a little clearer and you won't be wasting storage space.

Some people open the image in Sharepoint Designer and resize it with the built in picture editor thingy..

http://webbrewers.com/   |     |  Get more out of Office 365

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Male
  • hi Dusty,

Does the reply answer your question?

• Top 25 Contributor
  • This is a work around. Not a solution. You are making the uses go through more steps to re-size than was the case with OLSB. Microsoft should fix the software so this problem doesn't happen. I have the same problem. It not a problem in OLSB. 365 is not really a well developed program. Support is not good either as you make your users work harder so that you wont have to fix your problems

• Not Ranked
  • I had this problem too and got around it by using Explorer rather than Chrome to get to tha sign on page for 365. There were problems using Chrome with OLSB. There are other compatiblity issues wti Google.  Microsoft does not play well with others.

• Not Ranked
  • Larry,

You may not have noticed, but the same problem did exist in OLSB - it's the same editor.  And just as in OLSB it's best not to have the browser resize the image which increases cpu loads and slows down page loads.

webbrewers | Easy to use sites | Low/no cost hosting
    • Top 10 Contributor
  • Not sure who I am speaking to...I am thinking Dusty??? Sorry if I am wrong but I wanted to say to everyone reading Larry, Dusty...I too am having this problem & the answer was not the answer they gave you. I do resize my pic.s as small as I can before I upload to micro 365 storage. They are still to big & you used to be able to, as you said Dusty, pull in or out the corners. Now I can't either????? This is putting a big delay in getting stuff done. Did anyone ever figure out how to resize on the web page???

Thanks!

• Not Ranked
  • Yes it is the same editor...or looks like it anyway but the way you could resize the pictures does not work! For me & Dusty anyway???

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)