No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Use my O365 account for Windows Phone 8?

• 5 Followers
  • 8 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Answered (Not Verified) This question has suggested answer(s)

Hello,

I have a "Microsoft" account and a "Microsoft Office 365" account.

ComputerFieldsInc@hotmail.com

Bill@WilliamFields.net

I would prefer to use the O365 account as the "Microsoft" account that's linked to my new Windows Phone 8, is that possible?

I've tried entering my O365 account credentials in the Windows Phone 8 account setup, but it's not accepting it.

If I cannot link the O365 account, what kind of integration is there between O365 and Windows Phone 8?

Thanks.

Bill

• Post Points: 20
All Replies
  • Hi Bill,

As I understand it, you want to set up an Office 365 account on Windows Phone 8.

If so, you can add your Office 365 account to your Windows Phone 8.
    For more detailed steps to set up Exchange ActiveSync E-Mail on Windows Phone, please refer to the link below:
    http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/gg583824.aspx?selfhelp

Thanks,
    Eric Sun

• Top 100 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
    Suggested by
  • Hi Bill,

How are things going?
    If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to post them here in the forum. We are more than happy to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Eric Sun

• Top 100 Contributor
  • Hi,

I have the same question as the OP (I think). It is not a matter of how to set up an Office 365 account in Windows Phone 8, it's rather about using an Office 365 account as the "Microsoft" account on a Windows Phone 8 device.

Since WIndows Phone uses the "Microsoft" or primary account for things such as the connection to SkyDrive, users like me (and the OP, I guess) who have an Office 365 account would obviously prefer using that rather than a second account which would only clutter things up on the phone as well as on any other PCs where the Office 365 service is being used.

Adding an O365 account as the "Microsoft Account" does strangely enough not seem to work.

Is there a way to achieve this?

Best regards

Culme

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Culme,

As I understand it, you want to use Office 365 account to connect to other Windows products (i.e. SkyDrive) on your Windows Phone 8.

If so, based on my experience, that’s not available at this time. Office 365 account is used for the Online services which provided by Office 365.
    Other windows products, such as SkyDrive, it’s not available to use Office 365 account to login them right now. However, SkyDrive will be an Office 365 service in the next generation of Office 365.

Thanks,
    Eric Sun

• Top 100 Contributor
    Suggested by
  • Eric,

Thank you for your reply. I understand, I guess I'll just have to live with having the "extra" mailbox/account for Microsoft sign in, apart from the Office 365 account that I would rather be using on it's own. Not a terribly big deal, just a slight bit annoying. Thanks again for the info!

Best regards

Culme

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Culme,

Thanks for your update and thanks for your understanding.
    If you have any questions about using Office365, you can post them here in the forum. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Eric Sun

• Top 100 Contributor
  • I know this was already answered but I was just wondering about a couple things.  Can you use your Office 365 email address to set up a Microsoft account?  Also, a Microsoft account doesn't necessarily have an extra mailbox, or does it?   Thanks

• Top 500 Contributor
  • I just subscribed to Office 365 Home Premium.  I have a Microsoft Live account.  When I try to connect my Windows Phone 8 to Officer 365 this still does not work.  

When WILL this be available?

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)