No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Lync Access without E3 Subscription?

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi,

I am testing 365 for our employee base and have a question. While my demo 30 day access is for the E3 level of access, and there is a portion of our employee base which would have this level of access, there is also a level which we'd like to provide E1 access to. My question is, that when I attempted to install lync (on my E3 demo account) it forced me to install an Office 2010 Professional Plus Subscription (even though I already had Office 2010 Professional (not plus) on my pc.

My question is, how will E1 account holders be able to install and utilize lync to create meetings without having a Office Professional Plus 2010 subscription. Is lync accessible to users who would have an E1 level of access, and if so, how do they install it. I tried to install Lync FIRST, but it wouldn't sign-in, instead referring me back to the installation steps which started with the Office Plus install.

Thanks!

Frank Walsh

All Replies
  • Hi Frank,

From your description, the system always asked you to install Office 2010 Professional Plus Subscription before you install Lync 2010 client, even though you have installed Office 2010 Professional on that PC.

To install Lync, Outlook is required for the full set of new Microsoft Outlook integration features. I provide the link below for you, please refer to this link to check your current environment: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg412781%28v=ocs.14%29.aspx , Especially Microsoft Online Services Sign-in Assistant, to download it: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=28177 .

If you still can’t sign-in Lync after you installed Microsoft Online Services Sign-in Assistant and configured Outlook, please capture the screen shot about the error message and post it in the forum for our further analysis.

Thanks,
    Jacky Ding

• Hi Frank,

How is everything going? Do you have any updates about the status of the issue?

Thanks,
    Jacky Ding