No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

-Become a delegated admin- only shows Get Certified

• 1 Follower
  • 3 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Answered (Not Verified) This question has suggested answer(s)

Hello!

On my page at https://portal.microsoftonline.com/Partner/PartnerHome.aspx, the Partner tab shows the following:

Become a delegated admin
Get certified to provide delegated administration services to your customers.
Get certified

When I click the "Get certified" link, it takes me to my MPN login page, and after logging into it, there is nothing on the page that references Office 365 delegated admins.

I have read both viewpoints that the feature is/was only available for Cloud Accelerate level, and that it has been given to Cloud Essential level partners as well. Office 365 support techs did not have an answer when I called and suggested I contact Partner support, but they are closed for the holiday.

So, HOW does one become a "delegated admin" for one's clients when only a Cloud Essentials level?

Thank you for helping!

Gregg Hill

• Post Points: 20
All Replies
  • Hi Gregg,

As I understand, after log in to the portal as a partner, you encountered the problem when get certified from the partner network portal.

In the current situation, we offered a specific support channel for our partners, to get dedicated support, you can reach our partner support via the link below:
    Partner Communities: http://partnersupport.microsoft.com/
    Partner Communities for Online Services: http://partnersupport.microsoft.com/en-us/mpnonline
    Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks,
    Eric Sun

• Top 100 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • After another 30 minutes of digging before my post showed up, I found the answer.

I found this site www.microsoftcloudpartner.com/.../GetBenefits.aspx and it was the solution.

Scroll down to this section:

-----

“Request Delegated Administration Rights

After you have activated your Microsoft Office 365 partner features you can request delegated administration rights that will enable you to manage Office 365 for your customers. To add the delegated administration feature, click here”

-----

That link pops open a window that states:

-----

“Delegated Administration for Microsoft Office 365

The Delegated Administration feature provides your organization with the ability to manage Microsoft Office 365 for your customers.

In order to receive Delegated Administration rights for Microsoft Office 365, you must have a Microsoft Office 365 account with your partner features activated, and a Microsoft Online Services ID.

To request your Delegated Administration rights, check the box below and then click the Continue button to log on to the Microsoft Online Services portal. Delegated Administration rights will be activated automatically following log in.

By checking this box I request that Microsoft enable my organization to offer Delegated Administration services to my Microsoft Office 365 customers.”

-----

I checked the box and clicked Continue, then got this (misleading) message:

-----

“Note: your existing Microsoft Online Services account is not eligible for one or more partner benefits. Learn more

Click Next to start using Microsoft Online Services.”

-----

Once I clicked Next, guess what? The delegated admin section changed from the first example to the second one below.

Become a delegated admin

Get certified to provide delegated administration services to your customers.

Get certified

Offer delegated administration

Offer to administer services for your customers who need more guidance.

Send delegated administration offers

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Gregg,

I'm glad to hear that the information is useful for you and you have resolved the issue. Thanks for sharing the solution. It will be beneficial for other community members. Thanks for your time and effort.

If you have any questions about using Office365, you can post them here/in the forum. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Eric Sun

• Top 100 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)