No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Android Phone cannot sync

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

A couple of days ago my Android Phone (Jelly Bean) stopped syncing mail.  I have run through all of the troubleshooting pages on Office 365 and nothing worked.  I am the administrator so I logged into the Admin Home Page to look at the mobile device attached to my account.  I get this error message: 

The binary data must result in a DateTime with ticks between
DateTime.MinValue.Ticks and DateTime.MaxValue.Ticks. Parameter name: dateData

I deleted the account off of my phone and tried to install it again, but I cannot connect to the server.  This is only happening to my account.  All of the others in my organization are able to sync with their phones.  I do have connectivity on my phone, I can browse the web, and get to the Office Web Application.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

All Replies
  • Hi,

See this article for troubleshooting help: community.office365.com/.../video-troubleshooting-exchange-activesync-in-exchange-online-for-office-365.aspx

Best regards,

Jesper Ståhle

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hi Eric,

@Jesper, thanks for your suggestion.

The issue about A mobile device cannot connect to Exchange Online by using Exchange ActiveSync, you can refer to the following KB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2427193

Since the issue is only happen to you, you can add your Office 365 account in other user’s mobile phone to see if the issue will persist.
    Set Up Exchange E-mail on an Android Mobile Phone: http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/dd940179.aspx

Thanks,
    Anna Shi

• Hi Eric,

I do have exact the same issue as you describe. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note II, and also a couple of days ago my e-mail, calender, contacts and tasks stopped syncing. The strange thing is that on this same phone I can sync with another account that´s in the same Office365 domain.

When I try to manage my mobile partnerships in Outlook Web App I also get the same error as yours: The binary data must result in a DateTime with ticks between DateTime.MinValue.Ticks and DateTime.MaxValue.Ticks. Parameter name: dateData.

The other users in my organization are ok, they don´t get an error and they can see their mobile devices in the list.

@Anna, since I cannot sync my own account but I can sync with other accounts in my Office 365 domain with my phone, I think the problem is related to Office 365 and not my smartphone. Can you please help?

Thanks,

Melinda

• Hi Melinda and Eric,

I have exactly the same problem and started this thread: community.office365.com/.../292333.aspx

I use two different SE phones, Arc and Ray.

It seems to me that the problem is related to Office 365 and not my phones.

BR Magnus

• Hi Melinda,

I know that you encounter the same issue with Eric. To troubleshoot the issue, please try the following steps:
    1. Please tried to connect Outlook desktop client to Exchange Online using problematic account to see if it works.
    2. Check the time settings on your PC before you access to Outlook Web App (OWA) or the setting pages, make sure it’s updated instead of a wrong date or time.

Hi Magnus,

I know that you have posted a new thread in our forum. And another support engineer has tried to help you resolve it in that thread. I suggest you continue following that thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Anna Shi

• Hi Anna,

Outlook is working with this same account. I can also connect my iPhone to this account. It's only Android devices (for instance Samsung Galaxy Note II) I'm having this issue with.

Please note that I still get get the same error when I try to manage my mobile partnerships in Outlook Web App: The binary data must result in a DateTime with ticks between DateTime.MinValue.Ticks and DateTime.MaxValue.Ticks. Parameter name: dateData.

Time settings are ok on my PC. I get the error on different PC's.

Best regards,

Melinda

• Hi All,

I noticed there are the some similar issues in the forum. You can refer to the following thread to solve the problem.

community.office365.com/.../293329.aspx

Thanks,

Ray Yang

• Hi all,

I just reset one of my SE phones to factory default settings, it didn´t help. Still the same problem occurs...

Now I think this is getting quite frustrating.

I want someone from you that can explain to me what troubleshooting you have made. Especially on my account and the error message I get when I go into the settings for "phone". I believe that you are not taking this seriously enough and just put all troubleshooting and "possible" solutions on your customers, you take no responsibility for your lack of support and non working service.

/ Magnus

• Hi Magnus,

Be aware of the support matrix for ActiveSync: technet.microsoft.com/.../gg187968.aspx

Maybe it is not about a non working service, but rather a non compatible device that has chosen not to fullfill the requirements to be supported accordingly.

Best regards,

Jesper Ståhle

• Hi Jesper,

It doesn´t mention Android at all in the article. This means that no phone supplier for Android, or any Android version should be seen as reliable?

Sincerely

Magnus

• Hi Magnus,

I am not 100% sure that the table in the article is Always up to date, but you can always see in the specifications for your device if it carries the certification logo or not.

If your device is not carrying the ActiveSync logo, it is not verified for full support. If that is the case, I would advice you to seek help in forums for your device or the Android OS (for example, this one forums.androidcentral.com ).

Also, monitor this KB-article: support.microsoft.com/.../2563324

Best regards,

Jesper Ståhle

• Hi Jesper,

So may be the case, that my device is not a supported device. Nevertheless, it can theoretically be wrong with 365, service. I assumes that I have the full support of this service, regardless of the choice I have made regarding phone model.

I have this "story" in another thread, right or not, I expect Microsoft to exclude the error is on their side.

I have done the following.

a. - I tested my account on another Android that not previously has been connected to my account, it works.

b. - I set up another 365 account on one of my two phones that can´t connect to my original account, it works.

c. - I just reset one of my SE phones to factory default settings, then I tried again to set up my original account on this phone. This is one of the phones  used to connect, but doesn´t connect any more.

d. - Of course I used the same settings as in the phone under a.

When I sign in to my new 365 account ( see b.). I can see my phone listed there under Settings "phone", using the same time zone as in my first account.

When I do the same thing on my account with connection problem, I get this message:

"The binary data must result in a DateTime with ticks between DateTime.MinValue.Ticks and DateTime.MaxValue.Ticks. Parameter name: dateData"

My conclusion is that there is data cached in 365, in my account, that are related to my two "old" phones, which results in that these two can´t reconnect.

BR

Magnus

• Hi,

Did you see the article I posted: support.microsoft.com/.../2563324

If you see issue 2.1 - the solution is to update the OS on the phone (discussed here: code.google.com/.../detail)

Have you tried updating Android OS to the latest version?

Best regards,

Jesper Ståhle

• Hi,

Yes I saw the article, I also found out that SonyEricsson is among the companies that are included in this license. www.microsoft.com/.../ExchangeActiveSyncProtocol.aspx

Yes, both of my SE devices are updated to the latest available Android version that SE offers. (4.0.4)

I can not see that this error can be related to my phone, as it occurs when I log into OWA.

"When I log in at my account with the connection problem, I get this message, under settings, phone:

"The binary data must result in a DateTime with ticks between DateTime.MinValue.Ticks and DateTime.MaxValue.Ticks. Parameter name: dateData"

It appears in a pop up, even when I try to refresh devices in this page.

This shows on any PC/Mac and only on this specific account, not on any of my colleagues.

Regards,

Magnus

• Hi Magnus,

I noticed that you cloud connect your Office 365 email account on another phone which hasn't connected your account before. My suggestion is to first connect your account to that phone, and then delete the phone from OWA. After that, try to connect your original phone to your account to see if it can work.

In addition, please try to retrieve some logs when your account is connecting the other phone.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu