No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

conversion from trial to full version

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)
I have purchsed the full 365 but when I open word or excel it still shows it to be a trial version. How do I change that?
All Replies
  • Hi sobor,

Would you please post the screen shot of your Office version? You can click File -> Help to view the version information.

Which plan have you purchased? Office 365 for small business and professionals (P Plan) or Office 365 for enterprise (E Plan)?

If you’re using P plan, Office Professional Plus is not included in this plan by default. If you want to activate Office, you need to purchase additional license for Office professional Plus.

Besides, Office Professional Plus is included in E plan. If you’re subscribing to E plan, you can follow the steps below to activate your Office365. Please make sure you’ve assigned the license of Office professional Plus.

1. Download Office Professional Plus from Office 365 portal.
    Click Downloads under Resources on Admin page, click Install under Install Microsoft Office Professional Plus.

By default, Office Professional Plus will uninstall any previous version of Office. At the end of the installation process, you would be asked to sign-in so that the subscription can be validated. The ID that you enter must match the ID that was originally associated with the license. After successfully signing in, Office Professional Plus will automatically retrieve a 30-day product key and activate Office.

2. Run desktop setup
    Click Set up under Set up and configure your Office desktop apps.

Software updates and patches that are required to access the Office 365 services will be installed during the process.

Moreover, you can refer to this article to troubleshoot specific errors in Office Professional Plus for Office 365.
    technet.microsoft.com/.../gg998767.aspx

Thanks,

Young Yang

• Hi sobor,

How are things going on your side? If there’s any update on this issue, please do not hesitate to post your information here. It is always my pleasure to help you.

Thanks,

Young Yang