No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Delete or remove Office 365 account

This question is answered This question is answered
Hi all, I am currently testing Office 365 small business edition. I made a mistake in setting this up with the (personal) domain I used. Therefore I want to close the account and use a different (personal) domain. Unfortunately I can't find anywhere, where I can either edit the primary domain used or, more importantly, close the entire Office 365 account so I can start again. Any help would be very much appreciated.

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

Verified Answer
  • Go to portal.microsoftonline.com/.../Manage.aspx if you want to cancel a subscription.  Keep in mind you don't really need to cancel.  You can increase or decrease the licenses for the P1 plan on the fly.  You can also add the domain you want to use.

If the domain to be deleted is managed at a different hosting provider or registrar, you can just revert the domain to be managed like it was before Office 365.

Actually deleting a domain in Office 365 seems problematic right now.  If you can't delete it at portal.microsoftonline.com/.../DomainManager.aspx, I would open a SR.

All Replies
  • Go to portal.microsoftonline.com/.../Manage.aspx if you want to cancel a subscription.  Keep in mind you don't really need to cancel.  You can increase or decrease the licenses for the P1 plan on the fly.  You can also add the domain you want to use.

If the domain to be deleted is managed at a different hosting provider or registrar, you can just revert the domain to be managed like it was before Office 365.

Actually deleting a domain in Office 365 seems problematic right now.  If you can't delete it at portal.microsoftonline.com/.../DomainManager.aspx, I would open a SR.