No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Office 365 Readiness Report

• 4 Followers
  • 7 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

Hi All,

Our Company has awarded one of the O365 Migration Project .

Existing Customer is using SCCM 2007 in production .

I would like to generate a Office 365 Reports simliar to the MAPS tools which consist of the comparison of Microsoft Office installed and also the Patch requirement in each PCs.

We are planning to make sure Client Readiness before End of November with all the patches installed target to complete about 5000 PCs in Pilot Stage.

I do appreacite if anyone can help me with the SCCM SQL Syntax as i am pretty new to SCCM SQL query.

Thanks

• Post Points: 35
Verified Answer
  • Thanks Claud, I submitted feedback requesting a readiness report be released for SCCM to detect Office 365 readiness.  While I appreciate your reply, it seems like Keong Yee had a solution, but it doesn't look like they are active on this forum now.  Its too bad, because their post does not address the problems with detecting the updates, such as the fact that some of the updates do not show up in add remove programs, so it is difficult to tell that the update is installed on a computer

• Not Ranked
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • Hi Keong,

Thank you for your post.

According to your description, I understand that you want to generate a report that can tell users the different between the different version of the Microsoft Office installed on their computer and the Update need by the Office client for each computer. If there is any misunderstanding, please feel free to post.

Currently, there is no such tool supported in Office 365, you may searching the Office 365 Marketplace to see whether you can find a solution for your requirement.

However, Office 365 Desktop Setup will configuring your computer by installing updates for Office 365, for more detailed information, please refer to the link below:

Set up your desktop for Office 365

Thanks,
    Jolin Qiao

• Top 75 Contributor
  • Hi Jolin ,

Thanks for your reply.

I manage to create my own SQL Query in SCCM to generate reports in this order to fit in my need .

NetbiosName    

Country

SiteCode

UserName

OperatingSystemName                

MicrosoftOffice                

OfficeVersion

O365SignInApplication  

KB2435954          

KB2597051          

KB2566458          

KB2553248          

KB2597011          

KB2523130          

KB2583935          

KB2289158          

KB2596993          

Thanks again for your reply.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Keong Yee,

Thank you for your feedback, I am glad to hear that you have solved this issue by using the SQL Query in SCCM.

If there are any questions when using Office 365 in the future, please feel free to post.

Thanks,
    Jolin Qiao

• Top 75 Contributor
  • Hello Keong,

I am looking to find a way to detect if computers in my environment have all of the prereqs installed that are needed for Office 365.  In you post you mentioned that you wrote a SQL query to obtain this info, but you did not share the actual SQL query.  If you have this working, do you mind sharing this query with me?  It is exactly what I need for my deployment.

Thanks,

Ralph Kyttle

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Ralph,

At this time, no official solution about it has been published.
    Based on the current situation, to make it better meet your requirements, I sincerely invite you to refer to the following link to submit your feedback to improve our products. This will make the feedback more useful for the relevant teams.
    http://g.microsoftonline.com/0BX11EN/135

Thanks,
    Claud

• Top 10 Contributor
    • Male
  • Thanks Claud, I submitted feedback requesting a readiness report be released for SCCM to detect Office 365 readiness.  While I appreciate your reply, it seems like Keong Yee had a solution, but it doesn't look like they are active on this forum now.  Its too bad, because their post does not address the problems with detecting the updates, such as the fact that some of the updates do not show up in add remove programs, so it is difficult to tell that the update is installed on a computer

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Ralph,

Is kind of funny that my IE doesnt work well with this page and only Chrome working fine.

I am detect the updates base on the Add/remove program and create a SQL syntax to find those patch one by one.

Like you mentioned , there are some updates will not show up in add/remove program and actually it has been installed successfully. It happen because some patches it rolled together with Office accumulative patch definition, you can start the understand the pattern once you have first filter creation. I have do my manual installation and compare report one by one to find closer patch pre-requisite report.

Subsequently , you can update your SQL syntax base on customer environment.

Hopefully this explain .

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)