Sign up for Office 365
Learn more about Office 365
My Office365 email has stopped receiving email. The error that everyone gets who emails me is:
A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:
(generated from firstname.lastname@example.org)
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<email@example.com>:
host elementumevelor.mail.eo.outlook.com [126.96.36.199]:
550 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [188.8.131.52] blocked using Spamhaus Blocklist, mail from IP banned; To request removal from this list see http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=184.108.40.206
I use this for my business, what has happened. Why is the email now bouncing claiming its SPAM?
PS you cannot email me at the address, if you have an answer I can receive at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for the feedback.
Based on your description, I understand that your Office 365 mailbox has stopped receiving email.
Before moving on, I would like to confirm more information.
1) Could you check size of the mailbox. If it's approach 25G, it might be causes for this issue.
2) Check whether other internal users (users that are in the same Office 365 tenant) encounter the same issue.
3) Check whether internal emails (email between the users that are in the same Office 365 tenant) work well.
4) Please get the full NDR and post it in the forum.
Meanwhile, if you have an enterprise subscription of Office 365, you can also refer to steps below to check the rules/filters in FOPE for your organization.
1. Logon MOP with the global administrator.
2. Choose Admin > Exchange Online, Click Manage.
3. Choose Mail Control. You should be able to see the hyper link of FOPE.
You can refer to this link: technet.microsoft.com/.../ff715254.aspx
How are things going on your side? If you need further assistance on this issue, please feel free to contact us.