No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

domain can not be moved to office 365

• 2 Followers
  • 6 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

I purchased for example xyz.com domain name from network solutions. then followed instructions to change DNS to NS1.BDM.MICROSOFTONLINE.COM at network solution website. After 10 days, I still can not bring up xyz.com. It is the under construction page from network solutions. According to them, "This "Under Construction" page is an automatically generated placeholder Web page for a domain that is not yet attached to an active Web site. This page replaces the "Not Found" error pages and notifies visitors that a Web site is coming soon."

xyz.sharepoint.com works though. Is there any other step that I missed to move domain to office 365?

Thanks

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Hello daqing, 

Thanks for your post here. I would like to confirm some information with you whether you have verified the custom domain.

You can refer to the following steps to narrow down this issue.
    If you do not verify the custom domain, 
    1.you could delete the Name Server record before you verify the custom domain.
    For how to verify custom domain, you can refer to the following link:
    http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-smallbusinesses/hh397889.aspx.
    2.After you verify the custom domain, you can update the Name Server records.
    For your reference: http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-smallbusinesses/gg549203.aspx .

If you have verified the custom domain, but the issue persists, you can send me your custom domain information via private message, so we can check the DNS records.
    For how to send private messages, you can follow the steps as below:
    •Go to the Your details section on the right side of the community site. 
    •Click Private messages. 
    •Click the subject title “Collect domain information” to read the message. 
    •You can reply by using the form in this display.
    •Click Submit Reply.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks,
    Cherry Wang
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
    Suggested by
  • Hello daqing,

How are things going?

If there are any concerns about this issue, please feel free to post here.

Thanks,

Cherry Wang

• Top 25 Contributor
  • Hello daqing,

Thanks for your providing DNS information via private message.

I have checked DNS records with your domain name by using tool in http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=2515404 ,and I would like to confirm some information with you.
    1.Have you manually added an A record?
    2.Have you changed your SharePoint Online website address in Office 365 Portal ?

If you have not change your website address, you can refer to: Change your SharePoint Online website to use the custom domain name http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-smallbusinesses/gg549209.aspx

Thanks,
    Cherry Wang

• Top 25 Contributor
  • Hello daqing,

How are things going?

If there are any concerns about this issue, please feel free to post here.

Thanks,
    Cherry Wang

• Top 25 Contributor
  • Yes I think I followed some instructions and manually changed A record. Can you fix it?

Thanks

-daqing

• Not Ranked
  • Hi daqing,

I can open your web site, and A record is working. But I would like you to confirm one thing with your web service provider:
    If your Name Server record pointed to other servers, not your web service provider,  your web site would not be able to work normally.

If so ,you can contact your web service provider to get help.

Thanks,
    Cherry Wang

• Top 25 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)