No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Can I use DNS Manager for Domains within Office 365 under an E3 Trial Version?

• 2 Followers
  • 2 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

I'm trying to set up mail for the company while also having the website traffic go to the website that is hosted externally.

The step that I get stuck at is adding a DNS record within Office 365 because I do not see the "Manage" option under the Domains tab. (below) Is this feature available under our E3 trial version or do I need to upgrade to the full version for it to become functional. Thanks!

Nathan

Add or modify custom DNS records for your domain

After you add your domain to Office 365, you can add or change custom DNS records for the domain in Office 365 by doing the following.

1. On the Admin page, in the left pane, under Management, click Domains.

2. On the Domains page, select a domain name, and then click Manage.

3. On the DNS manager tab, add or change custom DNS records for the domain.

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Hello Nathant,

Do you want to use the DNS manager function like in Office 365 for Small Business (Plan P1), at your new Office 365 Plan E3 trial tenant?

If so, for the question:
    No, the DNS service cannot be managed at Office 365 at Office 365 for Enterprise (Plan E) tenant. In other word, although the name server records of the custom domain are pointed to Office 365 in a Plan E tenant, Office 365 won’t host the DNS service of the custom domain.
    Moreover, it isn’t available after subscription in Office 365 Plan E tenant either.

Based on the current situation, to use Office 365 email service and keep the current external website service in the current Office 365 Plan E trial tenant, please refer to the following article.
    http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-enterprises/ff637620.aspx

Thanks,
    Claud

• Top 10 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)