No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Cannot verify domain name

• 3 Followers
  • 6 Replies |
  • This post has 2 verified answers |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

I am utterly confused.

It took 11 days for Melbourne to set up my DNS Management. Once complete I created a TXT record 5 days ago but it still won't verify and I don't know whether it's Melbourne or whether I'm doing something wrong.

The instructions state:

1. On the Edit DNS record page, under TXT Records, in the HOSTNAME box, type the following: @
  2. In the ADDRESS box, type the following: MS=ms45449675
    Important: You must add a trailing period (“.”) at the end of the address (similar to ms123.contoso.com.).

There is contradiction here. 1 & 2 are quite specific in terms of what to type, the IMPORTANT bit has a domain name example which plays no part in the instructions.

My domain name is Postcards-For-Sale.com

I assumed that since I was entering the TXT record on Melbourne under that domain name, the @ would just default to it, but then how do you add a '.'?

My husband has been a database administrator for 30 years, and we built an Office Live website on intuition and simplicity, but the instructions seem to assume you are an expert web designer.

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
All Replies
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)