No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Logging in to Office 365 Portal with Vista OS

• 6 Followers
  • 15 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Not Answered This question is not answered
When i try to log into Office 365 with my computer with Vista OS I get a message on IE saying the website can't be found.  When on a Windows 7 machine it works fine.  I can log into the website and access the shared section and outlook but when I try to select "home" I get the same result.  Website can't be found.  I'm running Vista SP2 and I.E.7 and even turned off the Norton firewall.  Does anyone have an answer?

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Post Points: 20
All Replies
  • Hi dfp,

I understand you have an issue accessing Microsoft Online Portal (MOP) with Windows Vista and Internet Explorer (IE) 7.

You can follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.

You can try to reset your IE. Please follow the article below to reset Internet Explorer settings, disable add-ons, and other troubleshooting steps.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/internet-explorer/slow-five-tips-to-boost-performance

If after resetting IE you still encounter this issue, you can try to upgrade IE to version 9. Please download from the following link.
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=16792

Thanks,
    Ray Yang

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • I  did reinstall IE 9 and reset all settings.  Still no luck.  I have turned off my security software and still no luck.  Everything works fine with my Windows 7 machine but Vista seems to have some setting that won't allow access to the https side.  As mentioned before I can get into the website and use the team function and outlook but when i try to access "home" it give the error message every time.

• Not Ranked
  • You can refer the solution of this thread.

community.office365.com/.../187424.aspx

• Top 200 Contributor
  • Hi dfp,

How are things going?

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,

Ray Yang

• Top 50 Contributor
  • This link does not seem to relate to my issue.

• Not Ranked
  • Ray, I did what you suggested and it still doesn't work.  I simply cannot access the Office 365 home page.  Sometime when I select "login" it won't even give me the box to enter my id and password.  Other times it does but when I enter the info I get the "can't find website" message.  I have also deleted all history and cache info from IE 9, but nothing is working.  It is not an issue with Windows 7 but certainly is with Vista SP2  HELP PLEASE

• Not Ranked
  • Hi dfp,

I have used Vista for over ayear with Office, so it has not to do OS, but rather a setting, and they can be impossible to track. One thing you may want to try, that can help track it down, is to open control panel, and then create a new user on the machine. After you have new user set-up log=in to that account and see if the problem goes away, if it does, then it is something that is set for your other user, if not, then it is a machine setting.

Hope this helps

Robert

Hope this helps

Robert

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Good suggestion but no luck.  I did creat a new user and tried logging in under that profile but with the same result so I guess it muct be a machine setting.  Any ideas, anyone?

• Not Ranked
  • Hi dfp,

Thanks for your reply.

Since you mentioned that you are using Windows Vista with Service Pack 2, I would like to confirm if you are using Windows Vista with Service Pack 2 (32-bit) or Windows Vista with Service Pack 2 (64-bit).

For 64-bit, please do not try to user Internet Explorer 9 to log into Office 365. According to the Software requirements for Office 365, Internet Explorer 9 is not supported.

If you are using IE, you could also try to run Internet Explorer with no add-ons and see if it helps.

Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Internet Explorer (with no add-ons)

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hi dfp,

How are things going?

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,

Ray Yang

• Top 50 Contributor
  • It is Vista SP 2 32-bit.  I did try running it with no add-ons and still no luck.  Thanks for the idea,  anything else to try?  I have disabled the Norton 360 to see if that helped and it doesn't so it looks like it's a machine issue.  Ideas are much appreciated.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi dfp,

Thanks for your update.
    Based on the current situation that you can access the Office 365 portal in other computer, the issue should be a client side issue. As a client side issue may be caused by several reasons, would you mind referring to the official article and help us narrow down this issue?
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956196#am4

In addition, please add the website page to your Internet Explorer trusted sites and then see if any improvement. You could also change another web browser to see if it helps.

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hi dfp,

How are things going?

Thanks,

Ray Yang

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Still no luck and I've tried a lot of these solutions.  I am currently on Vista with SP 2 (32-bit) and IE 9 (although I have tried IE 7 and IE8 with the same results).  I have also tried Mozilla Foxfire with the same results.  I have turned off my Virus Protection and Firewall with no success.  I have another desktop with the same version of Vista and IE and it works fine.  All other websites whether secure or not work fine and I am able to access the other functions (outlook and team) with no problems.  When i try to go to the "home" function through the website or log in directly through the Office 365 portal I get the "unable to access website" message everytime.  I've even gone line by line through the settings on both the computer that works and this one to make sure everything (like SSL settings) are the same.  I'm stuck!

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1|2|