No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Web site Verification with Godady on Office 365

• 3 Followers
  • 4 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Answered (Not Verified) This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi,

I used to have my website 'www.siaytsu.com' at microsoft small businesses. I signed for Microsoft office 365. I have moved all my web content to Microsoft office 365. Yet I couldn't succeeded to move my web address 'www.siyatsu.com'. My domain name registrar is godaddy.

For domain name record verification I logged on my godaddy acount for 'www.siyatsu.com' , under 'domain manager' section at the DNS record section it is only written 'it is not hosted here'. As there is no 'launch' option or Zone File Editor Section,  I can not proceed forward to add the txt record for verification.

I read self transition guide and watched the video related to moving the domain name. I also read the information on the link 'http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-smallbusinesses/gg549203.aspx

.' that you provided. Still no success for verification.

I added the domain name 'www.siyatsu.com

' at Microsoft Office 365. I am having problems at verification stage. Is there any other way I can verify my domain name? My website only can be reached from 'siyatsu.sharepoint.com

'. I own 'www.siyatsu.com' address, but I cannot add it at Microsoft Office 365. This is the web address that I have been known. I am in a great difficulty. Is there anyone who can help me there? Many thanks.

Ergül Ergün

Shiatsu Practitioner and Qigong Trainer

• Post Points: 50
All Replies
  • Ergül Ergün,

You can switch your nameservers back to Go Daddy nameservers then add the DNS record to verify the domain.  Once done you can then switch you DNS back.  Let me help you break down the process:

Next to Domains, click Launch.

Select the domain name(s) you want to modify.

From (Nameservers), select Set Nameservers.

Select: I want to park my domain.

Click OK.

Once this is changed the DNS will be hosted with Go Daddy and you can add your TXT record to verify your domain via the Zone File Editor.

Next to Domains, click Launch.

Click the domain name you want to update, and, in the DNS Manager section, click Launch.

Click Add New Record. The Add DNS Record window displays.

From the Record type list, select TXT (Text).

Complete the following fields:

TXT Name — Enter the host name for the TXT record. For example, type @ to map the record directly to your domain name, or enter the subdomain of your host name, such as www or ftp. (This field is labeled Host in the TXT (Text) section of the Zone File Editor.)

TXT Value — Enter the value you want to assign to the record.

TTL — Select how long the server should cache the information.

Click OK.

Click Save Zone File, and then click OK. The TXT record displays in the TXT (Text) section.

• Not Ranked
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hello Ergül Ergün,

Thanks for the information Mike provided first.
    From the custom domain provided (siyatsu.com), the name server records of the custom domain are pointed to Office 365 without being verified. As a result, the DNS service of the custom domain is down now.

Based on the current situation, please refer to the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.
    1. Point the name server records back to the domain registrar (here is Go Daddy).
    If you cannot find a way to do it, please contact Go Daddy support to get assistance.
    2. Add DNS records at Go Daddy to verify the domain.
    3. After the domain is verified, point the name server records to Office 365.
    4. Change the SharePoint Online public-facing website address.

Best regards,
    Claud

• Top 10 Contributor
    • Male
    Suggested by
  • You are welcome.  Just trying to make this process as easy as possible on the Go Daddy side!

• Not Ranked
  • Hello Ergül Ergün,

How are the things going?
    In addition, do you need further assistance on the issue?

Best regards,
    Claud

• Top 10 Contributor
    • Male
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)