No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

HELP!!!! EMAIL IS OUT. IT WAS ARCHIVED TO WINDOWS LIVE ESSENTIALS

• 4 Followers
  • 27 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

HI

PLEASE help me. I had skykick transfer my domain and site. I archived to Live Essentials. It was good till the switch. I have looked at Mike @microsoft's video on domain issues.

I have contacted Skykick multiple times and posted a question here before. I went and viewed all the things that Mike @ Microsoft showed on the video about domain transfer. He said it has to show DNS activated..Mine does not.

Skykick tells me that they only did the domain and site transfer and there computers do it automatically.

SOMEONE HAS DROPPED THE BALL.!!!.

OK if they did why is the email not being directed off of the ykmetalarts.onmicrosoft.com to my domain ykmetalarts.com only.. I can't get any email. I can;t send any mail.

Skykick also said I had to pay them to move email. I archieved to Live Essentials over a month ago and it has worked till now. My email was done correctly. I have done this before, but not the site and why I paid them to do it.

It is my assumption that if you domain is transferred and intact then the email would make it to where it is directed. my domain not the temp.one...

I am not a software engineer but what I see does not jive with what you has to be in place for email to work.

I read everyone is having issues and MIT is not transferring as they should.

I sent the video to Skykick from You tube and they said if I change anything my site will go offline.

I told them I have not changed the settings and will let them do there job, but they are not or MIT is not.

I am a self standing artist, and this is the start of busy season and I can't send anything  unless I use another email and that stinks..The contacts and email will not transfer or export to other program since the date change. I thought I was all set no nothing..

HELP!!!

Kathleen (krze)

Kathleen Krzewinski
  • Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Hi,

Thanks.

I have forwarded the info to your skykick partners..I shall see what they say.

I just hope they don;t tell me not tto change anything or my site will go offline..

I hope they look at what you sent me instead of saying their computers do it all automatic

Computers are only as smart as the person behind the keyboards.

I will wwait to see if they even respond.

Thanks Alex!

krze

Kathleen Krzewinski
    • Not Ranked
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hi Alex,

I suppose at this point I need to do something, but Skykick is not responding..They just keep saying don;t change anythiing becuase it will cause your site to go offline..

They keep saying there computers transfer the domain automaticlly, but as you saw as I did they are not making the changes.

I have written to MIT like a lot of people they do not respond..I am trying hard to be patient, but I have almost 500 contacts in two different domain based email acoounts, and a lot of folders I can no longer forward.. I wish you guys could change that for a lot of us. Then the alternate Live.com email I just did they would move over too..

SO!

If I make the changes as you say will it knock my site offline like Skykick says..

They also said Microsofts computers were showing me steps that they completed and just ignore that too because they already did it..I don;t understand why their are 3 awsdns lines for 3 different ones. Makes no sense to me either.

I am totally annoyed, not at you guys. If I had not found Mike's video I would be lost in understanding some of this being a double thinker. Both visual and literal.

Maybe I should have just taken the time and done myself. I built it with you guys helping. Thanks for the responses!!! VER MUCH!!

krze.

Kathleen Krzewinski
    • Not Ranked
  • Hi Krze,

I am not very sure about that, If I make the changes as you say will it knock my site offline like Skykick says. Skykick host your DNS, So they might be right. Currently, count on them and wait for some more time may be the better choice than do it yourself.

Best Regards,
    Alex Du

• Top 75 Contributor
  • The only help they offered was to charge to me to my email for a monthly fee. On top of paying them to migrate the site and domain. I already did email. So I guess basically like a lot of people here will not get an answer to fix my problems.

Thanks for your input,

krze

Kathleen Krzewinski
    • Not Ranked
  • Krze.

1. You can't use "Windows Live Mail" (Mail program came with Windows Live Essential) for Office 365. You need Outlook 2007 or 2010.

2. Can you Sign in to Office 365? 

http://office365.mictosoft.com

3. If so, can you see "Outlook" at top of page?

4. Can you click "Outlook" and can you see e-mail?

5. Can you send & receive e-mail from Outlook Web App?

PS: I am not sure that Skykick did, but your name server setting is not pointing to Office 365.

• Top 150 Contributor
  • I can tell you Melbourne IT is not processing any dns activations right now so Skykick may just be waiting for that to happen. I've been waiting for several for 5 days and I'm sure they're in the same boat. MIT and MSFTobviously didn't prepare adequately for the scope of the changes required so all we can do is wait. If you can get a call back you may get a clarification from MIT here: 1 888 385 2526
    webbrewers | Easy to use sites | Low/no cost hosting
    • Top 10 Contributor
  • Ok so I have to use web Outlook. MS said you could use free program Windows Live Essentials. Now you can't ?????

What other people say they get it to work.

I do see the Outlook and do show send rec. but it is stuck in the onmicrosoft.com after your own domain. I have told then multiple times that my own domain is not working only the temp you set up to transition.

I have looked at what is going on in visual and it show step 2 has not been completed.. Skykick MS partner says they did it already and MS is not showing it to me correct, but don;t change anything. I have not.

Now apparently I will not be able to move any folders in Essentials Live because it is too Late. So this method is not good for me either.

I know the server is not showing correctly but they keep saying they did the transfer, but when you look at MIT it is not done.

I am at my end of the rope.. The month start is now and my contacts and folders are trapped because someone has the head in the sand.

krze

Kathleen Krzewinski
    • Not Ranked
  • I appreciate your input. Yes I saw that MIT was not returning any messages or calls. This BITES!!! I would have moved all together if I thought this would happen, but I am a faithful MS person. Think that would count. FDLMAO!! guess not..

I have been waiting the same.. Skykick MS partner will not even answer me to explain that there is a lapse and MIT is not responding. Instead they blow tech talk up my skirt and say no no don;t touch.. OK you have to have laughed there. Don;t know what else to do.

THANKS AGAIN SO MUCH!!

KRZE

Kathleen Krzewinski
    • Not Ranked
  • Krze.

You could use "Windows Live Mail", but you need to use POP or IMAP on WLM. On top of that, you can't copy OLSB e-mail to Office 365 e-mail by WLM.

In order to copy OLSB to Office 365, you need Outlook 2007 or 2010.

and You didn't answer my question. Can you send & receive your e-mail from Outlook Web Apps?

and your domain name is verified at Office 365? See below (red line)

• Top 150 Contributor
  • mch & krze

If you check  "ykmetalarts.com", DNS is pointing to "prodnet24.sharepointonline.com",

MX is pointing to "ykmetalarts-com.mail.eo.outlook.com", which seems correct.

But NS is pointing to

"ns-1194.awsdns-21.org", "ns-1964.awsdns-53.co.uk", "ns-353.awsdns-44.com", "ns-607.awsdns-11.net"

This is not correct. NS supports to point "ns1.bdm.microsoftonline.com"&"ns2.bdm.microsoftonline.com"

So Skykick did something wrong or trying to gain something. I am not sure.

• Top 150 Contributor
  • I don't think MIT is processing any changes right now. It's probably been submitted but is stuck.
    webbrewers | Easy to use sites | Low/no cost hosting
    • Top 10 Contributor
  • Sorry yes I it appears to receive.. I just double checked YES it sends and receives, but only in the mode of (ykmetalarts.onmicrosoft.com)

Not ykmetalarts.com

I did see that the domain is verified earlier, but somethings are still not showing correct

krze

Kathleen Krzewinski
    • Not Ranked
  • mch

Yes, Mel-IT may be stuck, right now. But Skykick did changed DNS & NS. and NS is pointing somewhere.

I don't know what Skykick is trying to do...

I hope that Skykick fix this problem ( or may be Skykick changed NS intentionally...)

• Top 150 Contributor
Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1|2|