No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Linked 365 Calendars; Connected 365 Mailboxes

• 4 Followers
  • 8 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

Good morning

I have two P1 accounts, Barry1 and Barry2. Each account has a single domain associated with it. I want to continue to keep them separate.

QUESTION 1: How can I sync the Calendars? Preferably, without using Google or another third party.

QUESTION 2: In Barry1, I have several connected mailboxes; I want to add the email from Barry2, but 365 won't let me. Does 365 prohibit connecting two 365 mailboxes, or is there some trick I'm not aware of for connecting them?

Best wishes to all

Barry

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Hi Barry,

For the questions 1:

I don't think the two calendars can sync with each other, because they are located in two different mailboxes, and two different Office 365 tenants. However, you can add and see one calendar in the other mailbox by publishing one calendar to the Internet. Please see Calendar Publishing.

For the question 2:

Please try the steps in my previous reply even if the mailboxes are not in the same organization. Based on my testing, manual configuration should work for this situation.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Top 25 Contributor
    • Male
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • Hi Barry,

I would like to answer your questions one by one:

Question1: How can I sync the calendars? Preferably, without using Google or another third party.

When you say “sync the calendars”, do you mean when any changes are made in Barry1’s calendar, the changes will be synced to Barry2’s calendar? If so, this feature is not available at this point.

However, you can share the Barry1’s calendar to Barry2, and vice versa. For detailed information about how to share calendar, you can refer to the article: http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/ms.exch.owap.sharing.aspx.

Question 2: In Barry1, I have several connected mailboxes; I want to add the email from Barry2, but 365 won't let me. Does 365 prohibit connecting two 365 mailboxes, or is there some trick I'm not aware of for connecting them?

When you say “add the email from Barry2”, do you mean add the account Barry2 to the account Barry1 as a connected account? If so, I have tried to reproduce this issue, and I can add another Office 365 account as a connected account successfully. To further troubleshoot this connected account issue, please capture a screenshot of the error message that received when adding the connected account for further research.

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

• Top 25 Contributor
  • Thank you, Mindy

QUESTION 1: Thank you. I have tried this solution but, when I click 'Send', the page merely holds.

QUESTION 2: I have attached two screenshots. the first is the error message when seeking a secure connection, the second is when seeking a non-secure connection.

Secure Connection

Non-secure Connection

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you

Barry

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Barry,

For the first question, as you cannot share calendar with other users in your organization, please check the share policy applied your mailbox by using Exchange PoweShell.
    Run this command:
    Get-Mailbox –Identity user@yourdomain.com |fl *SharingPolicy*

Get the detailed information about the sharing policy and then check the value added to the Domains parameter.
    Get-SharingPolicy –Identity “sharing policy name” |fl *Domains*

In addition, can you change another computer and see if the issue persists?

For the second, can you please post the screenshot again as it can't be displayed well?

• Not Ranked
  • Thank you, Ayarn.

1 There is no problem about sharing my Calendar with others in my organisation. I am the only one! -:)

2 The screenshot won't display here, even in HTML, so here are the the error messages verbatim.

First attempt: "A secured connection couldn't be established to this account. Not all providers offer secure connections. Would you like to try an unsecured connection instead?" Yes/No

After clicking 'Yes', I get this message:

"Outlook Web App couldn't connect to the server for your other account. Please click the Back button and make sure that you entered your e-mail address and password correctly.

If they're correct, make sure that POP or IMAP access is enabled for your other account. If you don't know how to find that setting, read this."

If the problem continues, you can enter POP or IMAP connection settings for your other account."

My POP and IMAP settings are all OK, because I use Outlook to connect to my 365 accounts, so I'm at a loss about what to do next.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Best wishes

Barry

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Barry,

I would like to clarify the situation. There is only one Office 365 tenant, with two users, or there are two Office 365 tenants? If there is only one Office 365 tenant, the calendar sharing function should be able to work for you, otherwise please explain more what your expect for syncing calendars.

Regarding to the connected account, if the two Office 365 mailboxes are in the same organization, please click POP in the prompt window, and input the detailed information about the connected account, including the email address, user name, server name, and the port. Please accomplish this with the following format:

Display name: the user's display name.

E-mail address: user's email address.

User name: user's email address(the same as the above).

Incoming server: you can find it the About page by clicking the dropdown menu at the top right corner in OWA. Please choose the POP server.

Authentication: Basic

Encryption: SSL

Port: 995

By doing this, you should be able to add the connected account.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Top 25 Contributor
    • Male
    Suggested by
  • Hi Reken

YOUR QUESTION 1

I have two P1 accounts. Each P1 account has one domain and one tenant.

First account: Domain = sturman-mole.com, tenant = barry@sturman-mole.com

Second account: Domain = ipharvest.com , tenant = barry.sturman-mole@ipharvest.com

I want to sync the two Calendars. Is it possible, please?

YOUR QUESTION 2

The two Office mailboxes are not in the same organisation. I want messages sent to barry.sturman-mole@ipharvest.com COPIED to barry@sturman-mole.com AND to stay in the barry.sturman-mole@ipharvest.com

How do I do that, please?

Best wishes

Barry

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Barry,

For the questions 1:

I don't think the two calendars can sync with each other, because they are located in two different mailboxes, and two different Office 365 tenants. However, you can add and see one calendar in the other mailbox by publishing one calendar to the Internet. Please see Calendar Publishing.

For the question 2:

Please try the steps in my previous reply even if the mailboxes are not in the same organization. Based on my testing, manual configuration should work for this situation.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Top 25 Contributor
    • Male
  • Hi Reken

Many thanks. Your answer to Question 2 works well.

Best wishes

Barry

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)