No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Cannot verify domain name

• 5 Followers
  • 24 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered
 Followed the transition guide, moved e mail and web site to office 365. Domain name bought from MIT through OLSB. Text record for kenkostekphoto was published but365 cannot verify. Office 365 states "cannot find record " try again. Trying to verify for four days now. OLSB website has been gone since  4/27  e-mail was lost today. Read about problems with explorer 9 and attempted to verify with firefox, no luck. Please help. kenkostek@verizon.net
  • Post Points: 35
All Replies
  • If this is a Domain you had through Office live, go back a couple of steps to where they ask if you already own a Domain and say No, you should be able to proceed from there, they have no need to verify as they already know it, this was asking if you have a separate individual Domain elsewhere, just another broken step in the broken process.

• Not Ranked
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hi Ken,

Before moving on, I would like to confirm the following information.

1. Is your domain kenkostekphoto.com as you provided?

2. When did you add the record and how long have you been waiting since the last change of the record?

If this is the case for question 1, I have checked the DNS information of this domain and found that you have added a TXT record to verify your domain in Office 365.

If you have waited for enough time and your domain still could not be verified, I would suggest you change to use an MX record to verify your domain.

You could also try to remove this domain from Office 365 and then re-add it again.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Top 50 Contributor
  • If it's through Melbourne IT might also check your record and see if the DNS update is still processing, if so, it's quite likely it's locked in a loop and you'll need to call them to kill the process and repropagate

• Not Ranked
  • Anna, I attempted to remove my domain name from O365 and start the process over but message said  I cannot remove domain if it is associated with e mail.  Also, tried to change to mx record but got an" invalid" message  Thanks Ken

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Ken,

Based on the current situation, I would like to confirm if your domain is verified in Office 365 and if the status for this domain is "verified". Moreover, have you associated this domain with any email address?

Moreover, when you tried to add an MX record, what error message will you receive? Could you please post any screen shot about it?

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Anna, I cannot verify my domain name in O365. When I attempt to I immediately get a "cannot find the record you created" message. The domain name is "kenkostekphoto.com" and my e mail address is" ken@kenkostekphoto.com" so I guess that the e-mail is associated with the domain name.  When I tried to change the TXT record to a MX record I received  an "invalid" message. I hope I have answered your questions and I truly appreciate your willingness to help. Thank You   Ken

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Ken,

Thanks for your reply.

How long has been passed since your domain is published in Melbourne IT? Is it over 72 hours and your domain still could not be verified?

Have you tried to remove your domain from Office 365 and get the error message as "you cannot remove domain if it is associated with e mail"? Could you post any screen shot about it?

If you tried to add an MX record, could you also post any screen shot about the "invalid" message?

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hi Anna , My domain name was published on Friday 4/27.  I do not understand what you mean by a screen shot, or how to post it.  Thanks Ken  

• Not Ranked
  • You can take basically a pic of the screen or Window with the snipping tool, go to START, AllPrograms,  ACCESSORIES and click on SNIPPING TOOL, go to a corner you want the pic to start with depress and hold the left  mouse button and drag mouse to the opposite corner which will highlight all you want , release and a pic will appear, save it and you have a pic or a screen shot you can attach like a reg photo

• Not Ranked
  • Ok Thanks

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Tradesman,

Thanks for your reply on the forum.

Hi Ken,

Have you tried to remove your domain from Office 365 and get the error message as "you cannot remove domain if it is associated with e mail"? Could you post any screen shot about it?

If you tried to add an MX record, could you also post any screen shot about the "invalid" message?

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Anna I posted two screen shots as requested on 5-5.

• Not Ranked
  • Hello Ken,

Per the previous post, it seems that you have post screenshots for your problem. However, I can't find the posted screenshot in this thread. 

To help to troubleshoot the issue, would you please post these screenshot in this thread again. To paste the screenshot, you need to click "Use rich formatting" under the answer box. Then click the picture icon. After that, you can upload the screenshot you captured. 

Thank you for your cooperation.

Jack Sun

• Top 50 Contributor
  • MX record invalid
    • Not Ranked
Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1|2|