No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Verification DNS record not found - please help

• 2 Followers
  • 3 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

Hi, I was using OLSB with a custom domain name for a few years and am therefore trying to move to Office 365 but it is not working. My domain is bestpracticeconsulting.co.uk and the registra is uk2.net and I'm getting the "Verification DNS record not found".

I have added both a txt record and also an MX record to the uk2.net DNS over 24 hours ago but it is still not working. I know it says it can take up to 72 hours but surely it should be propagated sooner?

As things stand I can't access my email so this is critical for me that it is resolved ASAP. Can anyone help?

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Hi BestPractice,

I have checked your domain bestpracticeconsulting.co.uk via NSLookUp tool, its name server point to awardspace.com but not uk2.net.
    If so, please follow below steps to meet your requirement:
    1. Move your name server(ns.xxx.com) to your domain register.(Please finish this steps first. You can change it by click the ‘Reset to UK2 defaults’ in your screenshot.)
    2. Try to verify your domain.
    Go to MOP from here: portal.microsoftonline.com
    a. Admin->Domains->Add a Domain
    b. Follow the domain verify wizard.
    c. Get TXT record on Office365.
    d. Go to your domain register and add TXT record
    e. Wait for an hour, then back to Office365, try to verify your domain.
    For more information:
    http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-smallbusinesses/gg593305.aspx

Thanks,
    Robert Li

• Top 150 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)