No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

can not add user

• Hi 

I can not add user get.

Vi beklager ulejligheden. Der er tale om et kendt problem, og vi er i gang med at løse det hurtigst muligt

We apologize for any inconvenience. There is a known problem and we are doing to resolve it as quickly as possible

Supportoplysninger
    Korrelations-id:0
    Fejlkode:0
    09-06-2011 09:16:25

• Hello KBR,

May I have some additional information:

1) How are you adding users?  Is this from within MOP (MS Online Portal)?

2) Is your company newly provisioned?

3) Have you ever been able to add users?

4) Are you Small Busines or Enterprise?

5) May I have your domain name so that I may take a look at your account?

Thank you,

Todd Douglass

MSFT Support Engineer

• Hi Todd

I'm logging on to the portal portal.microsoftonline.com, select Administrator at the top. then add new user.

I created the account 5 days ago.

I work fine adding the first 3 user, but then i tried adding more user 2 days later and it did not work.

SB version

solusi.dk

I also can not go in to Lync administration

BR

Kim

• Hello Kim,

I was able to create a Test user OK (I then immediately deleted it).  Would you please verify if you still have the problem?  If so would you pelase give me exact reproduction steps (list what you do and where you get the error), and list any error mesasge received?

Thank you,

Todd Douglass

MSFT Support Engineer

• Hi Todd

Still the same problem.

Select Administration in the top of the site

portal.microsoftonline.com/.../default.aspx

Select Add User

portal.microsoftonline.com/BoxError.aspx

This is the error i get.

Der opstod et problem under behandlingen af din anmodning.

Vi beklager ulejligheden. Der er tale om et kendt problem, og vi er i gang med at løse det hurtigst muligt.

Supportoplysninger

Korrelations-id:0

Fejlkode:0

10-06-2011 06:30:38

BR

Kim

• Hello Kim,

I have checked there are two admin users for your Online services. One is a global administrator, and the other is only a password administrator. Please confirm you have used the global admin account to do that.

Thanks,

Reken Liu

• Hi.

Got it now, I thought when I made my self an administrator, I could do it all. And the error message  does not tell that you don't have access. That would have been use full.

So now the only user that can do administration is the first user, that was created and don't have the right domain name. But now I know and it works great.

BR

Kim

• Hello KBR,

Glad you got this figured out.

Note that you are able to set the admin role for an admin.  Login to your Global Admin account (first account created), open MOP, go to users, select your 2nd admin account, and go to the Settings page.  Under "Assign Role" you can use the drop-down to assign the admin level.  Choose "Global Admin" to give yourself maximum permissions.

You can read about the various admin roles here: onlinehelp.microsoft.com/.../ff637584.aspx.

Thank you,

Todd Douglass

MSFT Support Engineer

• One more thing...

We highly recommend that everyone have a 2nd admin account with full permissions so that you can reset passwords in case you lose access to one of your admin accounts.  Otherwise you have to call us to have this done and we have restrictions on how we can do this.

Make sure that:

1) Your admin accounts have the Alternate Email address filled out (on the Settings page for that user in MOP),

2) Your admin accounts have a phone number (on the Properties page for that user in MOP). The best one to fill out is the "Office Phone" as this shows up as the phone number for that user in our account management admin tool.

Note that if you get locked out of your admin account then we need to be able to contact you at the phone number or alternate email address that is already in your account info.  If this info is not available not we have to do a Legal Escalation and this can take a long time.

So please, do yourself a favor and follow this advice!

Thank you,

Todd Douglass

MSFT Support Engineer

• Hi Todd,

My question is not related to this post, but there is no other way to contact you.  Hope you had a nice vacation, still looking forward to your promised reply to this post:

community.office365.com/.../16605.aspx

TIA,

Josh