No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Domain Can't Be Used, Word or Phrase Not Allowed Message

• 4 Followers
  • 8 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

Domain Can't Be Used, Word or Phrase Not Allowed Message (won't verify) is preventing my business from functioning. (sites and email) Also my other domain is verified but won't take hits so I'm very very frustrated, let down to say the least. I have written before and gotten no help here or internal request either. I need help or my business moves. I have been very good for Microsoft on my dime for years. Totally Unacceptable

John Wiley

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
All Replies
  • John,

It is kinda hard to help when you vener say if it is a new site name you are trying to register, or if it is one you have, that wont move, or if you are setting up a new account, and it does not like the name you picked.

Also might help if you said what it was, as then someone might be able to look and say, you can't have that character in a domain name.

Hope this helps

Robert

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • I have seen others get private replies, I get nothing. I'm the owner of windowselements.com Not sure it will help, they sold the domain to me. (not allowed makes no sense) I'm the one paying are having nothing but problems and being ignored is terrible.  I'm not mad at you, thanks for the reply, but I'm tired of bending over backwards. They also have my main domain name internally with my 2nd report order filed on file. I gave out personal info on my first post and it dd no good. Sorry, but this is WRONG, no excuses.

• Not Ranked
  • Then please look at this --> www.builditon365.com/.../default.aspx

Sorry, BuildItOn365 website has expired. Links to and instructions - no longer exist.

• Top 75 Contributor
    • Male
  • Great feedback, thank you very much!

John

• Not Ranked
  • John,

I was able to find your info, shows it all registered with Melbourne, been there since 2009, but is shows changes were made yesterday, but says status OK, so have you tried again on 365, or logged into Melbourne to if it shows complete?

Hope this helps

Robert

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Tried just a moment ago and still throws up that message abut not allowed. Thanks for checking. I did get an internal to get back to me for additional info, but have not heard back yet, something about getting with an engineer.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Ken, Robert,

Thanks for your reply on the forum.

Hi Angry CPU,

Based on your description, I would like to confirm if you have received the error message as "This domain name can't be used because it contains a word or phrase that is not allowed.".

If this is the case, you may refer to the KB below for how to troubleshoot this issue.

Troubleshoot domain verification issues in Office 365

support.microsoft.com/.../2515404

For method 2 in the link above, please refer to the methods in the following article to achieve your requirement:

community.office365.com/.../forgot-your-password.aspx

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hi Angry CPU,

How are things going?

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Top 50 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)