No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Unable to verify Domain

• 3 Followers
  • 15 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

Hi I am also having this problem and am pulling my hair out - I have contacted by domain supplier and they say the following:

Dear Head Hoot

Thank you for contacting Domain Express Helpdesk.

I have checked your account and notice that the TXT record is already pointed to MS=ms28799873.

If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

Neil Foster

Technical Adviser

Domain Express Ltd

This was done over a week ago and I am still uinable to verify my domain in office 365 please can anyone help as I need my website for my business

Thanks in advance

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Hi Head Hoot,

As the domain name you mentioned, I checked it .However, I can't find the TXT verification record "MS=ms28799873". I think the problem is coming from the nameserver record is still pointing at officelive.  Can you confirm with "Domain Express Ltd" about this again.

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Top 25 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • Hi Head Hoot,

I understand that you have successfully added the TXT record. If it's possible I'd like you can post the error message there. Further, please ensure all the TXT record is correct.

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Top 25 Contributor
  • Error Msg is:

We couldn't verify Hootsowls.com. Make sure the DNS record that you created at your domain registrar is correct, and that you've waited at least 72 hours after you added the record.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Head Hoot,

It usually takes about 15 minutes for your changes to take effect. But it can take up to 72 hours for the DNS record that you created to be updated across the Internet. So we may need wait for 72 hours and then check it again.

In addition, I just checked the info about your domain Hootsowls.com, I saw the name server was point to ns1.officelive.com and ns2.officelive.com, so I guess you are trying to transfer from OLSB to Office 365, am I right? If so, you need first remove domain name from your OLSB account to add your domain to Office 365, for more detailed information, please refer below links:

Video: Moving your Office Live domain to Office 365 

Move your email and website to Office 365 (US/English)

• Not Ranked
  • Hi

I have already moved my domain name and my domain supplier has said they have now pointed to the office 365 (see email below)

Dear Head Hoot

I have checked your account and notice that the TXT record is already pointed to MS=ms28799873.

Best Regards,

Neil Foster

Technical Adviser

Domain Express Ltd

However this was done nearly 2 weeks ago now and I STILL can't verify my domain.

This is very frustrating I am not very technical and one of the reasons I chose OSLB was because it was very easy to use, not so much any more :(

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Head Hoot,

I just checked your domain Hootsowls.com, it still point to the name server of OLSB which is ns1.officelive.com and ns2.officelive.com, if your name server has been pointed to Office 365, it should be ns1.bdm.microsoftonline.com and ns2.bdm.microsoftonline.com.

So the suggest is you should contact your domain register administrator, and let them help you to point the name server records back to their server, and then you can add a TXT record to verify domain and add it into Office 365.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Head Hoot,

As the domain name you mentioned, I checked it .However, I can't find the TXT verification record "MS=ms28799873". I think the problem is coming from the nameserver record is still pointing at officelive.  Can you confirm with "Domain Express Ltd" about this again.

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Top 25 Contributor
  • Hi Head Hoot,

How are you doing? I am just writing to see if there is any progress on this issue. I do not mean to push you. I just want to ensure that you do not encounter any problems during the troubleshooting. Thank you.

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Top 25 Contributor
  • Hi I have asked Domain express the add the above name servers and I let you know when they get back to me.

Thanks

• Not Ranked
  • Hi

I got this from Domain Express:

Dear Gillian,

The Name Servers have been updated successfully as requested.  ns1.bdm.microsoftonline.com and ns2.bdm.microsoftonline.com.

Best Regards,

Neil Foster

Technical Adviser

Domain Express Ltd

Email: support@domainexpress.co.uk

What do I do next?

Thanks

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Head Hoot,

Thanks for your reply. I think you have some misunderstanding about the whole Office365 verification process. You can take a look at onlinehelp.microsoft.com/.../hh397889.aspx

To confirm add a domain at Office365 we need to do the following steps:

1, add a domain on Office365 ,and also get TXT verification record.
    2, keep your custom domain parking at the original nameserver and put the TXT verification in
    3, Go back to Office365 and click next ,then ensure the domain can be verified on Office365 side (here at most will take 72 hours)
    4, once the domain has been verified , you need to change the nameserver record and parking to Office365

Please ensure all the steps has been finished above,  you can also sreach the video on google of "add a domain on Office365"

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Top 25 Contributor
  • Hi this is starting to get very annoying,my website is now down and its costing me business let me tell you what I have done so far:

Moved all content from OSLB to Office 365

added domain to Office 365

Had my domain provider point server to  ns1.bdm.microsoftonline.com and ns2.bdm.microsoftonline.com.

Domain provider changed TXT "MS=ms28799873".

Waited over 72 hours

STILL CANT GET VERIFIED

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Head Hoot,

For Office365 Domain verification process,  you need to finished the guide I mentioned above step by step. As the question you mentioned,

1,we need to add TXT verification record "MS=ms28799873" first.

2,waiting for the domain verificion successful

3, change nameserver and point to "ns1.bdm.microsoftonline.com and ns2.bdm.microsoftonline.com."

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Top 25 Contributor
  • I thought I had already did step one but the domain still wont verify!!

So let me clarify before I go back to Domain Express

I need to ge the name servers changed back to ns1.officelive.com and ns2.officelive.com and confirm the TXT record is "MS=ms28799873

As I said I'm not very technical

regards

• Not Ranked
  • Hi headhoot,

Change the nameserver to nserv0.domainexpress.co.uk and nserv1.domainexpress.co.uk, then create the TXT verification record.  

wait for at most 72 hours for the verificaiton.

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Top 25 Contributor
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1|2|