No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Website address

This question is answered This question is answered
How do I go by changing my website@sharepoint.com to website.org?
Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Hi Finance Office 360,

I understand you’d like to change your SharePoint website address from <website.sharepoint.com> to <website.org>.

To figure this out, firstly we need to add our <website.org> domain at Office 365, so that we can use it in SharePoint Online. After that, we can configure SharePoint Online to use <website.org> as our website address.

And here are the detailed steps:
    1), Add your domain at Office 365.
    To do this, please refer to Add your domain to Office 365. Generally, we need to verify our domain at our domain name registrar at first, and then change name server records at our domain registrar.

2), Configure SharePoint Online to use <website.org> as your website address.
    To do this, log into Office 365 portal; click Admin on the top; click Domains on the left panel; click Change address besides the sentence "Your SharePoint website address is" and select the <website.org> address.
    You can also refer to Use a custom domain name for your SharePoint Online public-facing website address

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them in the forum.

Thanks,
    Evan Zhang

• Hi Finance Office 360,

How are things going on your side? Did my above information help you?

Thanks,

Evan Zhang