No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Switching from Office Live to Office365 - DNS problem

• 2 Followers
  • 2 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered
I have been using Office Live for my website www.kingextco.com and I have been informed that this service is going to be discontinued on the 30th of April. I am trying to setup Office365 and it is giving me a different domain name www.kingexterminatingco.sharepoint.com. I would much rather prefer to remain using kingextco.com for my website and my emails as it is established and on my business cards. I have as of yet been unable to figure out how to make this happen. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Hi Kingexak,

I understand you'd like to use your OLSB (Office Live Small Business) domain at Office 365.

To figure this out, we can transfer our domain from OLSB (Office Live Small Business ) to Office 365. In addition, we can also transfer our website and e-mails from OLSB to Office 365.

We need to do all these transitions in a sequence. We backup our OLSB data at first, then we recreate our website at Office 365; then we remove our OLSB domain and add it at Office 365; at last we import our OLSB data to Office 365.

Here is the detailed guide: Move your email and website to Office 365 (US/English).

Here is also another good resource for your reference, you can watch this video and finish all the transfer domain steps by following this video.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them in the forum.

Thanks,
    Evan Zhang

• Top 10 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)