No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Moving domain from OLSB to Office 365

This question is answered This question is answered

Hello,

I have raised this issue with OLSB support but have not received a response.

I have a custom domain which I transferred to OLSB when I started using it. I have now followed all the transition steps and am up to the part where it says to contact OLSB and say that I am ready to transfer to Office 365.

I am using outlook 365 for email and have set up my new website in 365 so would be very grateful if someone could let me know what I need to do next.

Many thanks,

Leeann

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Hi Leeann,

I understand you have competed the steps of moving your emails and re-creating website in Office 365 in the transition, and now it is time to move your custom domain to Office 365. If so, the following steps are for your reference:

1. Re-delegate your domain to the original domain registrar.

2. Add the domain to Office 365, create verification TXT record in the domain registrar according to the instructions, and then verify domain in Office 365.

3. Change name servers of your domain to Office 365 name servers.

4. Change SharePoint Online public facing website address to your custom domain.

Moreover, here's a video with the detailed information of domain transition for your reference:

http://ask.officelive.com/smallbusiness/blogs/team/archive/2012/02/14/video-moving-your-office-live-domain-to-office-365.aspx

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Thanks for your reply. How do I re-delgate my domain?

Thanks,

Leeann

• Hi Leeann,

Re-delegate your domain means to change the name server records of the domain from Office Live to your domain registrar.

If you have purchased your domain from OLSB directly, the domain should be registered in Melbourne IT. If so, the steps of re-delegate your domain have been included in the video I provided in my previous reply.

If your domain has been purchased from other domain registrars, you can contact the domain registrar to help you change name server records back to their side.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Hello Leeann,

Did you have a hard time verifying your domain name? It has been a total nightmare for me.

• Hi Christie75,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing a hard time for verifying your domain in Office 365. Here's a KB article for troubleshooting domain verify issues which might be helpful for you:

Troubleshoot domain verification issues in Office 365

If the situation is difficult in your side, I recommend you just to open a new thread in the forum, and post the detailed information in your side. Our support would provide a dedicated help for you.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Hi Leeann,

Has your domain been moved to Office 365 successfully now? Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu